Overview of Department:
- Department of Pediatrics caters the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary care to the people of Khammam and surrounding districts.
- Department provides better care to patients in out patients and In patients department
- Daily along with 24 hours causality and critical care services in ICU.
- Ours is a tertiary center for all undiagnosed and complicated cases in and around Khammam
|1||Dr. Md. Ashraf Mohiddin Siddiq||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Gadipalli Somaiah||Professor|
|3||Dr. Moparthi Suresh Babu||Professor|
|4||Dr. Shivarama Krishna Babji.N||Associate Professor|
|5||Dr.Kurapati Pradeep Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Maslekar Sanjivani Deepak||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Vellanki Brahma Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Paladugula Dhanalakshmi||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Aalamaddi Vinusha||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Sandhya Rani.T||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr. Krishta Pavani||Senior Resident|
|12||Dr. Vamsi Krishna Guntupalli||Senior Resident|
|13||Dr. Banoth Chaitanya||Senior Resident|
|14||Dr. Nishanth Naik Banoth||Senior Resident|
|15||Dr.Vishwa Prashanth Gade||Senior Resident|
- MD Pediatrics
- Free OPD care with free registration & free consultation in OPD.
- We provide all kinds of vaccinations as per immunization schedule of IAP
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Emergency care.
- Medical PICU with beds and NICU beds, both ICU have central oxygen, Ventilators, Bubble CPAP, HFNCs and Cardiac monitors.
- Advanced phototherapy with LED lights , Exchange transfusions (Both total and partial)
- Protocols displayed for all common emergencies in both PICU & NICU
- We admit and treat all kinds of poisons cases.
Community health services:
- School health camps.
- Regular Rural health camps
- Detection and Medical advice of MALNUTRITION among children in both urban & rural areas.
- We conduct awareness about oral hydration , Breasting feeding promotions among both urban and Rural parents
- Our Institution has good academicians’ who are strive to impact the best educations possible For students. The team works of the staff gives the best possible outputs academic wise.
- Ours is leavel-3 tertiary care center with all equipment and manual resources providing the Best treatment and care compared to other hospitals with cost effectiveness.
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- E-learning classes to all under graduates and post graduates.
- Encourage students to actively participate in both state and national level activities academically and non-academically in all kind of activates.
- Equipped with skilled lab where both post graduates and under graduates are given hands on training skills.
- Intensive Teaching schedule on all working days for Post graduates.
- Clinical postings done regularly with ward leaving examinations to under graduates.
- We update ourselves regular approaches and treatment methods by from of journal club.
- Departmental library is provided with various journals and recent books- 176.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS (2019-2020) : NILL
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS (2019-2020):
- Text Book- The short text book of peadiatrics Dr. M.A.M Siddiq MD Chapter (16) 13th edition 2020- M.A.M Siddiq-2020
- Text Book-The short text book of pediatrics Somaiah MD Chapter (8),(41),(42),(43), 13th edition 2020- Dr. G. Somaiah- 2020
- Text Book-Text Book of Peadiatrics Dr. M.A.M Siddiq MD Chapter (10) 1st edition (2016)- Dr. M.A.M Siddiq-2016.
- Text Book- Text Book of Pediatrics Somaiah Goud MD Chapter (11) 1st edition (2016)- Dr. G. Somaiah- 2016
- Original Article- Clinical laboratory profile & antibiotic use in first time wheezes in the tertiary care centre in the rural area- Dr. Shiva Ramakrishna Babji– International Journal of Pediatric research Vol 3/ Issue 11- 2016
- Original Article- Validation of SICK Score – A Severity of illness scoring system at a tertiary care centre Dr. Shiva Ramakrishna Babji– International Journal of Pediatric research Vol 4/ Issue 03- 2017.
- Case Study- Study of partial seizures in children with respect to EEG and CT scan- Sanjivani.M, International Journal of Pediatric research Vol 3/ Issue 5- 2016
- Case Study- A Cross sectional study of Parental stress in pediatric intensive care unit: at a tertiary centre- Bhaskar.D– International Journal of Medical Science and Innovative Research Vol 3/ Issue 1- 2018.
- T. SAHITHYA REDDY- Study of biochemical abnormalities in acute diarrhea in children.
- U. ASHOK KUMAR- Study of comparing the efficiency of intravenous levetiracetam versus intravenous valproate the management of refractory status epilepticus in children.
- N. SUNEETHA -To study the use of nebulised 3% hypertonic saline in the treatment of bronchiolitis.
- VISWA PRASANTH -A study of clinical profile early diagnosis immediate outcome and outcome and short term follow up of congenital heart disease in children.
- NISHANT NAIK. B -To study first day serum bilirubin as a predictor for future hyper bilirbinemia.
- K. SAI RAMYA -A study of etiology of splenomegaly in children by clinical and laboratory methods.
- Chowdary Vidya Sagar -Scorpion sting: A Clinical Study on early diagnosis of pulmonary Edema in children.
- Nettem Sindhura -A Study of the complications in infants of diabetic mothers
- Gul Mohammed Danish -Study of outcome of acute lower Respiratory tract infections in children aged 2 months to 5 years
- Patlolla Nandhitha -The study of Etiology of Convulsions in children Between 1 Month and 5 Years of age
- Lavanya Beeswa -Study of Blood glucose levels in newborns
- Lavudiya Tejaswi -Study of diagnosis of malaria using Rapid diagnosis tests
- V. Narasimha Teja – A Study of growth pattern and serum ferritin levels in transfusion dependent Beta-Thalassemia children.-
- Cheruku Rajesh – A clinical study to evaluate the lipid profile in children with primary nephrotic syndrome.
- Haritha Mirabana – Etiology, Clinical outcome. Laboratory findings of children with Neutropenia in non malignant conditions
- Koppolu Vijayendar Babu – Study of Urinary tract infection in malnourished children age 06 months to 5 years at a tertiary care centre.
- M.S. Srivaishnavi Health profile of girl children aged 1 year to 16 years admitted in Mamata general hospital, khammam .
- Boddam Ganesh Yadav – A Study of clinical and laboratory profile in children with febrile seizures
- Sivesh P.V.S – Correlation of cord bilirubin levels with hyper bilirubinemia in ABO Incompatibility at mamata general hospital, Khammam
- Chunchu Bhavana – Role of Zinc as an adjuvant therapy in acute pneumonia in children of age 2 months to 2 years