Overview of Department:
The Department of Microbiology undertakes the teaching of post graduates and undergraduate medical students in order to provide knowledge and skills in infectious diseases and immunology that are essential for the practice of medicine. The department is well equipped with different sections including Bacteriology, Mycobacteriology, Parasitology, Mycology, Serology and Virology labs. The infrastructure, Staff pattern, the different medical courses and diagnostic laboratories are established and run strictly as per the MCI regulations and Dr.KNRUHS stipulations. Museum with more than 100 exhibits, library with 138 books, computers, LCD Projectors, Binocular Microscopes etc are useful for UG/PG students and faculty. Appropriate biosafety precautions are maintained in each working area for the laboratory staff. The department also contributes to public-private partnership in association with RNTCP where the diagnosis of tuberculosis and HIV are done free of cost. It also contributes to the infection control activities in the Hospital. It has a well-equipped research lab where PhD activities will be initiated.
|1||Dr. B. Anuradha||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. C. Sreelatha||Professor|
|3||Dr. B. Nageshwar Rao||Professor|
|4||Dr. S.Vijay Durga||Professor|
|5||Dr. Dhanasree P Inamdar||Professor|
|6||Dr. Deshpande Preeti Uday||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Nella Harshini||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Samatha Rani G||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Narala Sai Akanksha||Tutor|
|10||Dr. Cherukuri Keerthy||Tutor|
|11||Dr. Vallabhaneni Sai Teja||Tutor|
|12||Dr. Kata Charan||Tutor|
- Undergraduate : MBBS
- Postgraduate : M.D. (Microbiology)
- Ph.D Programme : There are two faculty members recognized as guides by Dr.NTRUHS
- Laboratory investigations for the diagnosis of diseases catering to the needs of patients attending M.G.H
- Laboratory investigations done – HIV, Hepatitis, Dengue fever, Malaria, Typhoid fever, Cholera, Diphtheria, Urinary Tract Infections, Meningitis, Pyogenic infections, Tuberculosis etc.
In addition the dept. participates in
- Infection control programme,
- identification and reporting of unconventional Microbial Agents
- Monitoring infections: Bacterial isolates and their Antibiotic sensitivity patterns are regularly monitored. Urinary tract infections, chronic non – healing ulcers, blood cultures from fever cases, lower respiratory tract infections are some of the clinical conditions which were studied. Strains of Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (causing Hospital Acquired infections) were identified. Stenotrophomonas, Acenetobacter isolates from lower respiratory tract infections were found to be resistant to many antibiotics.
- Monitoring disinfection of operation theatres
- Hospital waste disposal.
- Nagapraveen Veerapu, Dhanashree P Inamdar , Baer P Ravi Kumar, Basavaraju Anuradha , Pavitra Guddanti, Sree D Issapuri, Nikhita S Ganta, Arun Gopi. Effectiveness of COVID‑19 Vaccines against SARS‑CoV‑2 Infection among Persons Attending the RT‑PCR center at a Medical College Hospital in Telangana: A Case‑ Control Study. Indian Journal of Community Medicine, October-December 2022;47(4):587-590.
- C.Uthira Kumar, A Suma Preethi, Y V Ramakrishna Reddy, K Kalyan Kumar, B Nageshwar Rao,” Effect of trimetazidine in experimental animals with coronary heart disease or and in combination with diabetes mellitus. Published in International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 2022 Jan 29; 9(1): 17-21.
- A.Smitha Reddy, B.V.Anuradha Devi, Swarupa Ravuri, B.Nageshwar Rao, Danda Samyukta Reddy5, Anunayi Jestadi. Study of role of Platelet count and mean platelet volume in evaluating the disease severity in Covid 19 Infection –our experience at tertiary care hospital. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine. 2022; 09(07).
- B. Nageshwar Rao. Effect of Trimetazidine on Haemotological Parameters in Experimental Animals with Coronary Heart Disease Alone and in Combination with Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 2022 Jan 29; 9(1):17-21.
- B. Nageshwar Rao. Evaluation of Hepatic Enzyme Levels and Haematological Profiles in Chikungunya Patients- An Institutional Study, Asian Journal of Research in Biochemistry. 2021;9(4):34-40.
- Inamdar DP, Anuradha B, Inamdar P, Patti PS, Microbiota of bronchoalveolar lavage samples from patients of lower respiratory tract infections- A changing trend .J pure appl Microbiol, September 2021; 15(3): 1508-1516.
- Inamdar DP, Anuradha B, Malatesh U, Epidemiological profile, speciation and antibiogram of Enterococcus species in the era of resistance acta microbiologica bulgarica, October 2021;37(3):149-156.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Basavaraju, Anuradha & Undi, Malatesh. Epidemiological Profile, Speciation and Antibiogram of Enterococcus Species in the Era of Resistance. Acta microbiologica Bulgarica. 2021;37:149-156.
- Inamdar DP, Anuradha B, Inamdar P, Patti PS. Microbiota of Bronchoalveolar Lavage Samples from Patients of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection – A Changing Trend. J Pure Appl Microbiol. 2021;15(3):508-1516.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree, Anuradha B,. Phenotypic methods for detection of Amp C b lactamases in Gram negative clinical isolates of a tertiary care hospital. Indian Journal of Microbiology Research. 2020;7:125-129. 10.18231/j.ijmr.2020.024