Overview of Department:
Department of biochemistry seeks in understanding of chemical structures and processes that constitutes health and disease which forms the foundation of basic medical sciences.
A well qualified and experience faculty is available for the teaching courses.
The department is a part of laboratory medicine (central clinical laboratory). It also involves in research activities.
|S. No||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|1.||Dr. M.Madhulatha||Professor & HOD|
|2.||Dr. P. Srilakshmi||Professor|
|3.||Dr. K. Kalyan Kumar||Professor|
|4.||Dr. Y.V. Rama Krishna Reddy||Associate Professor|
|5.||Dr. L. Vijaya||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Dr. A. Suma Preethi||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Dr. Ayanam Sri Mouna||Tutor|
|8.||Dr. Y. Ooha Dharani||Tutor|
|9.||Dr. V. Mahendra||Tutor|
- Desktop with internet
- Laptop & OHP & LCD projector
- Charts, Models & Case studies
- Department library: 153 books including course, reference books, and Journals.
Equipments in research lab:-
- Semi automated analyzers
- ELISA Reader
- UV spectrophotometer
- Chromatography Unit
- Thin layer chromatography unit
- Electrophoresis Unit
- Flame Photometer
- pH meter
- Single pan electronic balance
- Hot air oven
- Magnetic stirrers
Well equipped Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory wing of Mamata General hospital to cater, services to the patients General hospital and superspecality hospital (OP, IP and emergency) with routine biochemical investigations, hormone analysis and other special paramaters.
The clinical laboratory serves round the clock (24×7) to provide emergency services.
Faculty members regularly monitor the laboratory services.
Equipments in Clinical Lab:
- Fully Automated Chemistry analyser (ERBA-EM360)
- Fully Automated Chemistry analyzer (Mindray BS-240 Pro)
- Fully Automated Hormonal analyzer (Mindray CL-1000i)
- Alere-triage analyser (CARDIAC PANEL)
- Semi auto analyser (Erba CHEM-5)
- Blood Gas Analyser
- Electrolyte Analyser (Roche-9180)
Sri Lakshmi , Kalyan Kumar Kakarla, Pendru Raghunath , Y. V. Ramakrishna Reddy. Epidemiological Risk Factors Influencing the Formation of Renal Calculi, their Chemical Composition and Association with Urinary Tract Infections. Sch Int J Biochem, 2020; 3(12), 260-266.
MorisaGamell, Aminuddin Mohammad, Kalyan Kumar Kakarla, Abdullah Ansari. Sugarcane Burning – A Potential Cause of Disease in Affected Individuals of Households in Uitvlugt and Ogle, Guyana. Sch Int J Biochem. 2020;3(9):193-198.
- Madhulatha M, Christy Pradeep Raj D. Assessment of Serum Homocysteine and Oxidative Stress in Vitiligo Patients. Indian J Med Biochem 2019;23(1):170-173.
- Ramakrishna Reddy Y V, Srilakshmi P, Cherian KM, Babu S. Comparison of Serum and Salivary neopterin with Troponin-I and CK-MB Levels in Acute Coronary Syndrome. Indian J Med Biochem 2019;23(1):217-220.
- Madhulatha M, Vijayabhaskar M. Evaluation of Therapeutic Efficacy of Antioxidants in Psoriatic Cases. Indian J Med Biochem 2019;23(1):167-169.
- Srilakshmi P, Ramakrishna Reddy Y V, Bharathi PK, Rambabu K. Role of HbA1c and microalbuminuria in diabetic-hypertensive individuals: An index for the diabetic nephropathy. Int J Clin Biochem Res 2019;6(1):126-128.
- Dr.M.Madhulatha has participated as Delegate in the 4th Annual State Conference – Virtual on theme “Single Nucleotide Polymorphism – Role in Diseases” Organized by Telangana Chapter – Association of Medical Biochemists of India at Osmania Medical College on 7th and 8th February 2021.
- Dr.M.Madhulatha has participated as Delegate in webinar on “statistics in medical research” held by Annapoorna medical college & Hospital Salem, Tamilnadu on 20th July 2021.
- L. Vijaya Faculty of Mamata Medical Colege, Khammam has presented Oral paper on Topic “ Iron Status and Oxidative Stress in Heart Failure” on 8th February 2021 in Fourth State Conference organized by AMBI Telangana chapter.
- Vijaya lokary has participated as a Delegate in the Continued Medical Education webinar on “ Role and Interpretation of Inflammatory Markers in COVID-19 ” organized by Department of Biochemistry, ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad on 12th June 2021 from 09:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
- Dr.V. Ramakrishna Reddy has participated as Deligate in the CME on “Current and Future Perspectives of Cytokines as Biomarkers in Human Diseases” Organized by Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Tamaka, Kolar, Karnataka on 13th May 2021.
- L M Madhulatha has participated as delegate in the conference “Research writing and funding” on 15th june 2019 at Nizams institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad. In reference to “Third state conference of Telangana chapter-2019” under Association of medical biochemist s of India.
- L Vijaya has participated as delegate in the conference “Research writing and funding” on 15th june 2019 at Nizams institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad. In reference to “Third state conference of Telangana chapter-2019” under Association of medical biochemist s of India.
- D Christy Pradeep Raj has participated as delegate in the conference “Research writing and funding” on 15th june 2019 at Nizams institute of medical sciences, Hyderabad. In reference to “Third state conference of Telangana chapter-2019” under Association of medical biochemist s of India.