Overview of Department:
Welcome to the department of Pathology, MMC, Khammam. The department of Pathology was established in the Mamata medical college, Khammam in the year 1997. Since then the department has expanded in strength and scope of activities keeping with the increasing demand for public health awareness and importance attached to Pathology as an integral part of total health care. The department has been conducting full-fledged Postgraduate degree (MD) and Diploma (DCP) courses in Pathology since 2003. The department of Pathology is primarily concerned with training post graduate students and creating awareness in public regarding need for public health care. The department serves as a link between rural public and Mamatha General Hospital, Khammam.
|1||Dr. Yalavarthi Sushma||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Srinivas Gubbala Divyadugra||Professor|
|3||Dr. Vasudeva Rao Thommurothu||Professor|
|4||Dr. S. Lokesh Rao Magar||Professor|
|5||Dr. Shruthi Amit Deshpande||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. Talari Radhamadhavi||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Kandibanda Sai Sri Ram Rao||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. Narasimharao Bharadwaz Chennapragada||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. G. Vashista Sai Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Kondaveeti Chinnari||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr. Salikanti Seshikala||Assistant Professor|
|12||Dr. Pooja Kedia||Tutor|
|13||Dr. Syed Arfath Ahmed||Tutor|
|14||Dr. Veerasuri Sravya||Tutor|
|15||Dr. Hymavathi Bathina||Tutor|
|16||Dr. Polareddy Sindhuja||Tutor|
|17||Dr. Abhinaya Muniganti||Tutor|
|18||Dr. M. Sirisha||Tutor|
|19||Dr. Aella Sushmitha Reddy||Tutor|
Undergraduate : MBBS
Postgraduate : M.D. (Pathology)
Hands on training in day to day working
(Histopathology, Cytology, Clinical Pathology, Blood Bank, Teaching)
The core competencies of department of Pathology is teaching programme to prepare undergraduate and postgraduate students for their courses. Formal teaching is conducted in a variety of settings. Full participation by residents is expected. At the end of sessions students should attain competencies in the cognitive knowledge of basic sciences applied to speciality courses and they should be experts in clinical and practical skills. Student should be able to attain knowledge about basic principles of research and to take up small time research projects.
FACILITIES AND LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Well equipped Histopathology lab
- Well equipped Hematology / Clinical Pathology lab
- Fully air conditioned lecture galleries
- Well equipped blood bank with component separation unit.
- Departmental library is provided with 141 books.
- Internet facility
- Microphotography unit
- Slide library
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
MMC-Research award 2019, Dr.Y.Sushma, Prof & HOD –Department of Pathology, awarded by Mamata Educational Society , Khammam, Title: Utility of platelet indices in diagnosing the underlying cause of thrombocytopenia due to accelerated platelet destruction.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Sushma Yalavarthi, Shruti Deshpande, Effectiveness of case based learning over traditional teaching methods in phase II MBBS students. International Journal of educational research and studies, 2021:3(3):14-18
- Shruti Amit Deshpande, SabihaMaimom, Sadhana Mahore Significance of free total prostate specific antigen ratio in diagnosis of various prostatic lesion. Medpulse international journal of pathology. August 2021; 19(2): 40-45
- A study of Morphological Variants of Meningiomas with special emphasis on high grade meningioma.( Dr. Chinnari )
- A Study on role of Platelet indices in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients ( Dr. Spandana.)
- A clinicopathological study of Hashimoto Thyroiditis.( Dr. Pooja K)
- Pancytopenia; A clinicohaematological study. ( Dr.Pravallika M).
- Study of coagulation profile with microvascular complications and glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. (Dr.Hymavathi.B)
- Study of cytohistopathological correlation of Salivary gland tumors based on updated Milan Criteria. ( Dr.Syed Arfath Ahmed)
- Study of correlation of cytological grading and histopathological grading in breast malignancies.(Dr. Sravya.V).