Medical education unit of Mamata medical college was started in 2007 as per the MCI guidelines.
- All the faculties in Medical Education Technology Unit are trained at NATIONAL TEACHERS’ TRAINING CENTRE, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
- All faculties trained in basic course workshop and also revised basic course workshop in Medical Education at regional centre, Gandhi medical College, Secunderabad.
- 90% of faculties are trained in MCI advanced course in medical education at MCI nodal centre, Belgaum.
- All the faculty are trained in MCI curriculum implementation and support program
- The unit is conducting various academic activities regularly such as Orientation programs for under graduates, post graduates, faculty development programs, training students and faculty in research methodology and bio statistics. The department is providing technical and infrastructure support to the various departments of the Institution to conduct State level conferences and CME programs.
- To promote the training of teachers of health professionals in education science and technology.
- To promote development and application of educational process such as educational planning, teaching techniques, evaluation and continuing education.
- To keep teachers update in their own specialties.