Overview of Department:
Department of Ophthalmology provides comprehensive program for patient care. It offers both out- patient services and in-patient services. It strives for achieving excellence in the fields of patient and community eye care, teaching, research and faculty development.
|1||Dr. Yalamanchili Rama Koteswara Rao||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. K. Vijay Kumar||Professor|
|3||Dr. Prachee Hiresh Nagrale||Professor|
|4||Dr. Kinikar Vijay Prakesh||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. Ashwini Siddartha||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Nandanandan||Assistant Professor|
M S Ophthalmology
- To offer an excellent standard in teaching
- To conduct research in basic, applied clinical fields and community ophthalmology
- To provide accessible, cost- effective, quality eye care.
- To conduct awareness programmes on issues such as Diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, eye donation.
The core competencies of Department of Ophthalmology are:
- UG teaching program for MBBS curriculum
- PG teaching program for MS Ophthalmology
- Clinical facilities include services to manage cataract, retinal diseases, glaucoma and uvea services. In addition community services like screening of diabetic retinopathy, cataract in camps, school screening programmes are provided by the department.
FACILITIES AND LEARNING SOURCES OF DEPARTMENT:
- Slit lamps
- Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- 90 D Lens
- Fundus Camera
- Operating Microscope with CCTV
- Argon Laser
- Phacoemulsification Machine
- Nd:YAG Laser
- Applanation Tonometer
- Schiotz Tonometer
- Automated Perimeter
- Cataract Surgery
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery ( SICS)
- DCT, DCR
- Pterygium Excision with Autograft
Nd: YAG Laser Capsulotomy
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Dr.Vijay Prakash kinikar1*, Dr.Yashaswi Pendyala2, Dr.K.Vijay Kumar 3 A Comparative study of surgically induced astigmastim in superior and temporal scleral incision in manual small incision cataract surgery International journal of Health and Clinical Research 2021.
- Dr.Vijay Prakash kinikar1* ,Dr.Yashaswi Pendyala2, Dr.K.Vijay Kumar, Clinico-Microbiological Study of Chronic Dacryocystitis” International journal of Health and Clinical Research 2021.
- Dr. Vijay Prakash Kinikar, Dr. YashaswiPendyala, Dr. K. Vijay Kumar, Clinical profile and visual outcome of optic neuritis patients in tertiary care hospital. IP International Journal of Ocular Oncology and Oculoplasty 2021.
- Dr. Vijay Prakash Kinikar, Dr. YashaswiPendyala, Dr. K. Vijay Kumar, A Clinical Study On Dry Eye. IP International Journal of Ocular Oncology and Oculoplasty 2021.
- Dr. PracheeNagrale, Dr. Vijay Kumar Kesharaju, Dr. Sahitya Gogineni, Study of clinical features and management of herpes Zoster ophthalmicus Med Pulse International Journal of Ophthalmology August 2019. August 2019;11(2):62-66.
- Clinical study of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Study of clinical features and management of Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- Clinical study of Posterior Capsular Opacification
- Study of Ocular manifestations in Leprosy
- Clinical study of Papilloedema
- Study of Conjunctival limbal autograft using autologous serum Vs suturing technique in primary pterygium surgery
Study of role of B Scan Ultrasonography in posterior segment pathology of eye