Overview of Department:
Department of Pharmacology is a basic medical sciences specialty, deals with imparting knowledge and skills concerning with drug administration to health care professional medical students. Teaching & research opportunities are satisfactorily met with the availability of well-equipped air-conditioned lecture halls, demonstration rooms with high quality audio-visual aids, research & experimental lab. The faculty are involved in drug safety monitoring (pharmacovigilance committee). Faculty had the credit of research publications in national and international renowned indexed journals.
|1||Dr. Naveen Pokala||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Moumita Hazra||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. S. Vijay Kumar||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. Alasyam Naveen||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. G Swathi Kusuma||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Jabeen Anjum||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Kayala Sivaleela Madhuri||Assistant Professor|
|8||Dr. M C Sai Anurag||Tutor|
|9||Dr. Aila Barghava Harsha Teja||Tutor|
|10||Dr. Y. Sai Ram||Tutor|
|11||Dr. P Dileep Kumar||Tutor|
|12||Dr. K Nithish Kumar||Tutor|
|13||Dr. K. Sushmitha||Tutor|
- Experimental Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
Facilities and learning sources:
Library: Having 167 books including question banks & MCQ’s.
- 17 desktop computers with internet connection.
- One laptop
- One printer
- Overhead projectors
- LCD monitor
Research laboratory with animal house facility:
Well equipped with basic instruments for conducting research.
Spectrophotometer, Analgesiometers, Electro-convulsometers, Cooks pole climbing apparatus, metabolic cages, Digitalphotoactometer, Incubator, Soxhlet apparatus, Dark light chamber apparatus, Elevated plus maze, Digital PH meter, Centrifuge machines.
- Facility to extract active principles of plant products.
- Chemical analysis of unknown substances.
- Preparing & dispensing various drug formulations.
Clinical pharmacology laboratory:
Facility to carry out clinical research work
- History of medicine (34).
- Charts & flow charts (86).
- Different dosage forms (30).
- Drugs used in different disease conditions (300).
- Hazra M, A pharmacovigilance study of comparative safety assessment of bedaquiline and levofloxacin, among multi-drug resistant tuberculosis patients in global multi-centre tertiary care hospitals, and an anti-tubercular molecular pharmacotherapeutic analysis of bedaquiline. World J Pharm Res. 2022;11(1):910-928.
- Hazra M, A comparative study on the pharmacovigilance scoring of causality assessment grading and staging of topical pharmacotherapy of ofloxacin 0.3% ophthalmic solution in bacterial conjunctivitis and ofloxacin 0.3% otic solution in otitis externa. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2022;11(2):173-180.
- Hazra M, A comparative safety assessment of levosalbutamol and salbutamol, with the conventional drug delivery system, metered-dose inhaler, in mild asthma; with a Pharmacovigilance monologue. Int J Sci Stud. 2022;9(10):22-27.
- Hazra M, A clinical pharmacological study of quantitative specific symptomatology in global anaemic patients, and pharmacovigilance evaluation of ferrous ascorbate supplements. Int J Curr Med Pharm Res. 2022;8(01):62-65.
- Hazra M, A pharmacovigilance safety assessment and prescription patterns analysis of delamanid among global tertiary care multi-drug resistant tuberculosis patients : a study, in rational pharmacotherapeutic appraisal. Int J Curr Med Pharm Res. 2022; 8(1):42-45.
- Hazra M. Pharmacokinetic dose-deceleration study in evidence-based medical pharmacovigilance evaluation of anti-asthmatic aerosolised levosalbutamol, and qualitative pharmacogenomic association analysis between ADRB2 genetic polymorphisms and β2 sympathomimetic mechanisms : a mixed method Clinical Research. Int J Curr MedPharm Res. 2022;8(1):28-32.
- Hazra M, A clinical endocrinological quantitative study of specific symptomatic features among global type II diabetic patients, and a pharmacogenomic analysis of anti-diabetic pharmacotherapeutic agents. Int J Curr Med Pharm Res. 2022;8(1):33-36.
- Hazra M, Betatrophin: A Novel Medical Advance, A Medical Book, A Descriptive Analysis in Clinical Research. World J Pharm Res. 2022;11(2):525-536.
- Hazra M, A pharmacokinetic associative correlational study of varying drug doses with gemigliptin safety and anti-diabetic pharmacotherapeutic compliance. Int J Sci Stud. 2022;9(11):37-43.
- Hazra M, A qualitative analytical research on the molecular pharmacology of gemigliptin. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2022;11(2):1229-1240.
- Hazra M, A pharmacokinetic dose-variation study of metformin and gemigliptin pharmacovigilance, and the clinical pharmacological significance of recent anti-diabetic pharmaceuticals. Int J Curr Med Pharm Res. 2022;8(1):19-24.
- Hazra M, An observational descriptive analytical clinical research study on the molecular pharmacological aspects of organoids and their clinical pharmacotherapeutic applications, in molecular medicine. IJMSIR. 2022;7(1):45-53.
- Hazra M. The Molecular Evidence-Based interactions between betatrophin and diabetes mellitus: A descriptive analytical Clinical Research. IJMSIR. 2022;7(1):45-53.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Sai Sailesh Kumar Goothy , Mukkadan J K. Effectiveness of structured “Om” chanting and listening program on psychological parameters in pre-hypertensive women. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021;11(10):1-4.
- Vinay Kumar Sayeli , Madhav P , Vijay Kumar Sayeli , Ankireddy palli Kameswar Reddy. Pattern of Adverse Drug Reactions with Anti-tubercular drugs and their impact on Non compliance to therapy: IJHCR. 2021; 4(10):160-163.
- Parimala Kathirvelu, Jagan Nadipelli, Vijay Kumar Sayeli, Viswanadhan Subrahmanian, Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Binoy Varghese Cheraiyan. Effect of Flavone Derivatives on Vincristine and Oxaliplatin Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Mice. J. Clin. Diagn Research. 2021 Jan; 15(1): FC01-FC06.
- Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Viswanathan Subramanian, Jagan Nadipelly, Parimala Kathirvelu, Vijaykumar Sayeli, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan. Anxiolytic- like activity of 5- methoxyflavone in mice with involvement of GABAergic and serotonergic systems – in vivo and in silico evidences. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2021; 36: 100-110.
- Swathi C , Naveen Aalasyam , Roja Rani, Effectiveness of Om chanting on stress and cognition in young adults with type D personality. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021;11(10):1196-1198.
- Hazra M. A quantitative comparative pharmacovigilance scoring of causality assessment grading and staging of delamanid and ofloxacin, among global multi-drug resistant tuberculosis patients, and a molecular pharmacological analysis of delamanid, as an antitubercular drug. Int J Sci Stud 2021; 9(9): 1-9.
- Hazra M. A global analytical molecular pharmacological study of the endocrinological pharmacotherapeutic rationale of anti-diabetic prescriptions appraisal attributes for metformin and sitagliptin, with evaluation of anti-diabetic tertiary medical healthcare patient satisfaction. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2021; 10(12): 1391-1397.
- Hazra M. A quantitative analytical study of the prevailing prescriptions of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors, sitagliptin and gemigliptin, among type II diabetes mellitus patients of tertiary care hospitals. Int J Sci Stud 2021; 9(7): 39-43.
- Hazra M. A pharmacovigilance study of comparative safety assessment of bedaquiline and levofloxacin, among multi-drug resistant tuberculosis patients in global multi-centre tertiary care hospitals, and an anti-tubercular molecular pharmacotherapeutic analysis of bedaquiline. World J Pharm Res 2021; 11(1).
- Hazra M. An evidence-based medical research on the comparative quantification of TGFβ and telomerase experimentations, with their molecular pharmacological analyses as targets of oncoimmunotherapeutic vaccines. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2021; 72(1).
- Hazra M. A pharmacovigilance study of the combination therapies of augmenting drug doses of 50 mg and 75 mg remogliflozin with 500 mg metformin among type II diabetics, along global pharmacoepidemiology: an appraisal of rational pharmacotherapeutics in Metabolic Medicine. Int J Sci Stud 2021; 9(8): 1-7.
- Hazra M.A comparative study on the pharmacovigilance scoring of causality assessment grading and staging of topical pharmacotherapy of ofloxacin 0.3% ophthalmic solution in bacterial conjunctivitis and ofloxacin 0.3% otic solution in otitis externa. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2021; 11.
- Hazra M. A multivariate comparative clinical pharmacotherapeutic efficacy study of the comparative therapeutic efficacy and chronopharmacovigilance assessment study of ofloxacin, one of the commonplace TGFβ1 inducing and telomerase impairing fluoroquinolones, in treating acute gastroenteritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, new drug-sensitive tuberculosis, recurrent mixed cutaneous infections, and post-surgical refractory wound infections, among the global patients, with heterogenous pharmacogeographic and pharmacogenomic constitution.IntJ Basic Clin Pharmacol 2021; 10(3): 270-280.
- Hazra M.A rational pharmacotherapeutic study of the prevalent prescription patterns of delamanid, ofloxacin, levofloxacin, and bedaquiline among the multi-drug resistant tuberculosis patients in global multi-centre tertiary care hospitals.Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2021; 10(5): 530-540.
- Hazra M. A study of the usual clinical pharmacological prescription patterns of metformin, sitagliptin and remogliflozin among the early moderate grade new type II diabetes mellitus patients in tertiary care hospitals.Int J Sci Stud 2021; 9(5): 83-86.
- Hazra M.A clinical pharmacological study of the prevalent prescription patterns of metformin, sitagliptin and gemigliptin among the early moderate grade new type II diabetes mellitus patients in global tertiary care hospitals.Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2021; 70(1): 180-184.
- Hazra M. An endocrinological pharmacovigilance study on the safety assessment of metformin monotherapy and the combination therapy of remogliflozin with metformin, in the new type II diabetes mellitus patients, in tertiary care medical college hospitals. World JPharm Res 2021; 10(11): 1443-1453.
- Hazra M. A pharmacovigilance study of topical acne monotherapy with 0.1% adapalene, and a molecular analytical review of adapalene in evidence-based dermatopharmacological treatment.Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2021; 70(2): 262-265.
- Evaluation of hypoglycemic and anti – hyperglycemic activity of alcoholic extract of Mangiferaindica seeds in wistar rats – P. Naveen, Professor.
- Evaluation of antidiabetic activity of commercially available extract of Phyllanthus Emblica in wistar rats. S. Vijay Kumar, Assistant. Professor.
- Anti Inflammatory activity of flavonol and few structurally related dimethoxy flavonols in wistar rats. S Vijay Kumar, Assistant Professor.
- Evaluation of Local Anaesthetic activity of samaneasaman flowers on Rabbit eye. Dr. Naveen, Professor.