Overview of Department:
- The department of Psychiatry provides a Comprehensive, Integrated, multidisciplaning service is the management of patients with Psychological & Psychiatric disorders.
- Empathetic care to the patients and their family members and integrating them into the society
- Community service
- An orientation to principals of research methodology.
- To train Under Graduates & Post Graduates with basic skills in Psychiatry and Scientific foundation in behavioral science
- Department of Psychiatry caters the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary care to the people of khammam and surrounding districts.
|1||Dr. Mallipalli Pramod Kumar Reddy||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. R.Sateesh Babu||Professor|
|3||Dr. Prashanth Challuri||Assistant Professor|
COURSES OFFERED: MD Psychiatry
- Child guidance clinic
- Adolescence guidance
- De-addiction clinic
- Geriatric and community psychiatry
- Free OPD care with free registration & free consultation in OPD.
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Emergency care.
Community health services:
- School mental health camps.
- Regular Rural mental health camps
- Our Institution has good academicians’ who are strive to impact the best educations possible for students. The team works of the staff gives the best possible outputs academic wise.
- Ours is leavel-3 tertiary care center with all equipment and manual resources providing the best treatment and care compared to other hospitals with cost effectiveness.
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Consultation cum examination
- Provision for Special clinics.
- Psychometric facilities.
- Anesthesia assisted ECT.
- C Seminar hall with aids like LCD projector & laptop.
- Demo models and charts for counseling.
- Departmental library with a collection of 139 books.
- IPD: Closed ward facility for aggressive patients and de-addiction centre
- E-learning classes to all under graduates and post graduates.
- Encourage students to actively participate in both state and national level activities academically and non-academically in all kind of activates.
- Equipped with skilled lab where both post graduates and under graduates are given hands on training skills.
- Intensive Teaching schedule on all working days for Post graduates.
- Clinical postings done regularly with ward leaving examinations to under graduates.
- We update ourselves regular approaches and treatment methods by from of journal club.
- The departmental library is provided with various journals and recent books- 139
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS (2019-2020)
- Mass media exposure and eating pathology among female medical students Kavya sri koneru:EC psychology 8-10-(2019) :1035-1040
- Attitude toward mental illness among medical students and non- psychiatric doctors M. Vijay Kumar: Arch mental health 2019; 20:9-13
- Mobile phones usage & its association with stress, anxiety & depression among adolescents Sri Divya Reddy Kandhi: EC Psychology and Psychiatry 8.12 (2019): 138-142
- A cross sectional study of stress and aggression among adolescent orphans Dr. Gyan Nihal N International Journal of Psychiatry Sciences Volume 1; Issue 1; January 2019; Page No. 05-09
- Sexual awareness among males and females of medical college undergraduates Gyan Nihal N International Journal of Psychiatry Research Volume 1; Issue 1; January 2019; Page No. 23-27
- prevalence of nicotine dependence and its impact on quality of life and severity of symptoms in schizophrenic patients S. Prasanna Latha :Arch mental health 2019, vol 20, issue 1
- Prevalence of psychiatric morbidity and quality of life in patients with ischemic heart disease in a tertiary care hospital Dr A. Praveen Kumar1, Pramod KR Mallepalli2 * JAN – MAR – 2020 Journal of Cardiovascular medicine and surgery VOL – 6,NO -1 ,13-17
- Anxiety, depression, and quality of life in females diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome – Dr. K. S. Charishma.
- A study of psychiatric comorbidity in patients with ischemic heart disease – Dr. Abdul rahman Boathman.
- Prevalence and correlates of sexual dysfunction in male patients with alcohol dependence syndrome – Dr. R. Vivek kumar.
- A study of self stigma and self esteem inpersons with schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder in their remission – Dr. Bhavesh J Dhedhi.