Overview of Department:
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at MMC, KHAMMAM was established in 1998.This is a multi- specialty department providing high quality patient care in the areas of antenatal care, postnatal welfare and infertility. The department brings first-hand clinical services with an updated academic curriculum and advanced level of research. The vision is to establish a centre of excellence for the reproductive health needs of women, train the next generation and be involved in expanding research.
|1||Dr. Medarmetla Vijayasree||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. B. Kavitha||Professor|
|5||Dr. K. Madhuri||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. Naimisha Movva||Associate Professor|
|7||Dr. Lokam Geetha||Associate Professor|
|8||Dr. N. Baby Rani||Assistant Professor|
|9||Dr. Nyma Sultana||Assistant Professor|
|10||Dr. Mukka Kavya||Assistant Professor|
|11||Dr. Mule Anusha||Assistant Professor|
|12||Dr. Kesarju Deepika||Assistant Professor|
|13||Dr. Manajari Hota Basanta||Senior Resident|
|14||Dr. Anusha .G||Senior Resident|
|15||Dr. Pandirla Swathi||Senior Resident|
|16||Dr. Tathineni Sindhura||Senior Resident|
|17||Dr. Nihitha Patibandla||Senior Resident|
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MMC, KHAMMAM offers the following program: MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The Department provides complete obstetrical care, comprehensive family welfare, infertility management, endoscopic surgery, menopause management, and reconstructive surgery. We also manage high risk pregnancies. Community services are being provided like the campaign for anemia prevention, pulse polio, save the girl child, adolescent, cancer screening and school health, throughout the year.
Our educational endeavors include teaching undergraduate medical students during their clinical rotation for both MBBS and postgraduates (MS students). A well-structured curriculum for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs balances the strengths of sub-specialization and general practice.
- High risk Pregnancy
- Gynaecologic surgeries
- Colposcopy clinic
- High risk pregnancy clinic
- Community care.
Labs & Facilities
Individual departments under MMC are supported by good infrastructure for research and clinical experience.
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Teaching in hospitals give students hands-on learning
Awards and achievements
- Manne Suvidha (R.No:14051087), 153/200 (Academic Year: 2019-20)
Research & Publications:
- M.VIJAYASREE, Study of maternal and fetal outcome in dengue fever complicating pregnancy The New Indian Journal of OBGYN, 2020; 6(2): 123-26.
- M.VIJAYASREE, Comparitive Study Of Total Abdominal Hysterectomy And Non Desent Vaginal Hysterectomy In Women With DUB .PARIPEX INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH, FEBRUARY 2020; 9( 2): 41-42.
- Dr.M.Vijayasree, Study of psychiatric disorders among post natal women attending tertiary care referral center, annuals of Obstetrics &gynaecology on june 10th 2020, 3(1):1013.
- M.Vijayasree, Prevalence of primary cesarean section among multigravid women in tertiary care referral center-A Boon or a Catastrophe: Published on 24th august -2020, J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc.
- M.Vijayasree, A Comparative study of two layer versus three-layer repair of mediolateral episotomy, pISSN 2320-1770/eISSN 2320-1789, AUG-2020:9(8):3412-3416, VOL -9, issue-8, page3421.
- Kavitha Bakshi, Dr.Naimisha, Xanthomatous oophoritis, a rare pathology: case report with review of literature. Int .Jreprod Contracept ObstetGynecol, 2020, Aug; 9(8): 3486-3489.
- Kavitha.B and Dr.Naimisha, correlation between edd and spontaneous onset of labour in normal pregnancy. 2020.
- Dr.NaimishaMovva, Evaluation of the Efficacy of Low-Dose Acetylsalicylic Acid(Aspirin) in Prevention of Pre-Eclampsia in High – Risk Pregnant Women, 2020.
- Kavitha B, Outcome of heterotophic Pregnancy, 2021journal of Dr.NTR UHS Jan08-2021,IP.254.91.215.67).
- Dr.NaimishaMovva, Ovarian cysts in post hysterectomy Cases – an overview, Sch Int. J obstetGynec,$(5): 182-186. 07.05.2021.
Our faculty and students actively participate in the research work and had published many papers in both national and international journals.
- SCREENING FOR GDM IN ANTENATAL WOMEN PRESENTING TO TERTIORY CARE CENTRE USING DIPSI GUIDELINES – Dr.T.Nagapoojitha
- ROLE OF UTERINE ARTERY AND MCA IN HIGH RISK ANTENATAL WOMEN AND ITS CORRELATION WITH MATERNAL AND FETAL OUTCOME – Dr.Huda Khan.
- EFFECTIVE NESS OF PRENATAL ULTRASOUND IN DETECTING FETAL ABNORMALITIES AND THEIR PERINATAL OUTCOME – Dr.Sneha.
- ESTIMATION OF GESTATIONAL AGE BY ULTRASONOGRAPHIC MEASURMENT OF FOETAL KIDNEY LENGTH – Dr.R.Harshini.
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF COAGULATION PROFILE IN PRE ECLAMPSIA AND ECLAMPSIA – Dr.V.Aruna.
- CLINICAL STUDY OF VAGINITIS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE GROUP WOMEN ATTENDIG GYNAECOLOGY OPD – Dr.D.Sri Surya.
- RISK MALIGNANCY INDEX FOR PRE-OPERATIVE EVALUATION OF OVARIAN MALIGNANCY – Dr.E.Neetha.
- PREVALENCE OF THYROID DISORDERS IN PREGNANCY – Dr.M.Sravani.
- EVALUATION OF ACCURACY OF TVS IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCY AND ITS CORRELATION WITH LAPARATOMY FINDINGS – Dr.D.Vasavi.