Overview of Department:
Department of General Medicine caters the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary care to the people of Khammam and surrounding districts.
Department provides better care to patients in outpatient and inpatient department daily along with 24 hours casualty and critical care services in the ICUs.
|1||Dr. S. Muvva Gopal||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. A. Mohan Rao||Professor|
|3||Dr. K. Srikanth||Professor|
|4||Dr.K. Siva Ramakrishna||Professor|
|5||Dr. DVC Shoban Kumar||Professor|
|6||Dr. Midde Ranga Raja Rao||Professor|
|7||Dr. Mohan Gowdar||Professor|
|8||Dr. Rajahounsh Veershettappa||Professor|
|9||Dr. Terala Krishna Prasad||Professor|
|10||Dr. B. Venkata Seeta Rama Raju||Associate Professor|
|11||Dr. Ch. Babu Rao||Associate Professor|
|12||Dr. P. Hanumanth Rao||Associate Professor|
|13||Dr. N. Nanda Gopal||Assistant Professor|
|14||Dr. D. Krishna Sumanth||Assistant Professor|
|15||Dr. Kilari Sunil||Assistant Professor|
|16||Dr. V.M. Krishna Kavya Thota||Assistant Professor|
|17||Dr. K. Umavani Hiranmayee||Assistant Professor|
|18||Dr. O Raj Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|19||Dr. Hyndav Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|20||Dr. Chandrashekar E
|21||Dr. Rajesh Jujjuru||Assistant Professor|
|22||Dr. Korumilli Sanjay Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|23||Dr. Ramakrishna Jakkula||Assistant Professor|
|24||Dr. Gunde Rahul||Assistant Professor|
|25||Dr. Kranthi Kiran Thota||Senior Resident|
|26||Dr. Gudla Surya||Senior Resident|
|27||Dr. Banoth Sridhar||Senior Resident|
|28||Dr. Srija.P||Senior Resident|
|29||Dr. Rachakonda Raj Kumar||Senior Resident|
|30||Dr. Padamati Sanjana||Senior Resident|
|31||Dr. Gullapalli Maheshnee||Senior Resident|
- Departmental library – 142 Books
- Desktop with internet connection
- LCD Projector
- Free OPD care
- Free registration & free consultation in OPD
- Free investigation, X-Rays and USG’s
- Evaluation of the routine problem, malnutrition status and relevant preventive aspects.
- Even free medications, free specialty consultations
- Inpatient care is also free
- Free bed & diet
- Free CT Scans, MRI, 2D Echo for academic cases.
- Assessment and reassessment of the inpatients in morning & evening by consultants and post graduates regularly.
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Emergency care
- 25 beds, fully equipped casualty
- Mega critical care complex with complete ultramodern MICU, RICU, NICU, ICCU, AMC & a dialysis unit comprising 32 beds in total.
- All ICUs with central oxygen & suction, ventilators, cardiac monitors, pulse oxymeters, defibrillators, syringe pumps, blood gas analyzer, mobile X-Ray unit.
- Protocols displayed for all common emergencies in ICUs.
Community Health Services:
- Regular rural health camps
- School health camps,
- Adoption of villages 15,
- Detection and Medical advice of MALNUTRITION, Fluorosis in the area.
- College is a part of APAIDSCON, a NGO working with NACO.
- Rajahounsh. V, Study of testosterone levels in type II Diabetes mellitus patients in Telangana population, Volume 20 Issue 3 Page.No:137-140, Dec 2021.
- Rajahounsh. V, Study of C-Reactive protein in respiration tract infections in Telangana patients, March 2022;21(3):61-64.
- Krishna Prasad, A Study on Clinical Profile and etiological factors of cerebrovascular disease in young patients, Nov 2021;4(19):328-333.
Indian Journal of Basic and applied Medical Research. March 2019/Vol 8/Issue2/PISSN No: 2250-284X, E ISSN No:2250-2858, Pg.No:223-227.
Orientation/invited guest lecturers attended by Faculty :
- Anil G.Namoshi, Prof & HOD – APICON-2019, 74th Annual Conference,(KOCHI, KERALA),From 7th to 10th Feb-2019.
- O.Rajkumar Asst.Prof, Dr.K.Sunil Asst.Prof – CROSS CONNECT, Echo Interpretation for Physicians, KOCHI, On 3rd May 2019.
- Anil G.Namoshi Prof & HOD , Dr.T.Sravan S.R , Dr.K.Umavani Hiranmayee S.R , Dr.Venkata Naren P S.R – TS-APICON- 2019, 4th Annual State Conference Karimnagar, on 10th & 11th Aug- 2019.
- Anil G.Namoshi Prof & HOD, Dr.O.Rajkumar Asst.Prof.,Dr.M.Praneeth S.R – National Diabetes Complication Care Program, Conference held on 14th & 15th Sept-2019.
- D.Ramakanth Asst.Prof, Dr.T.Sravan S.R – AP APICON-2019, 47th Annual Conference (Guntur, Andhra Pradesh) From 13th to 15th Sept-2019
- Study on risk factors in patients with Ischaemic storke attending mamata general & super specialty hospital – A.Karteek.
- Study of QTC Interval in Diabetes Mellitus as an Indicator of Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy- B.Sai Apoorva .
- Evaluation of lipid profile in patients with non-diabetic chronic kidney disease stage 3, 4, 5 – C. Sireesha.
- A Study of clinical profile of cardiomyopathy in patients admitted to mamata general hospital – G.Rahul.
- Comparative study of retinopathy and nephropathy in relation to hbaic levels in type2 DM – Y.Ramesh.
- Study of impact of smoking on glycemic status in patients attending mamata general hospital Khammam – Triveni Sana.
- Comparitive study of lipid profile in type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients at mamata general hospital khammam. – S.Vagdevi.
- Study of clinical and biochemical profile in chronic kidney disease in patients attending in mamata medical college and hospital khammam – E.Chandrasekhar.
- Comparative study of lipoprotein(A)- A major risk factor for ischemic stroke – Rajesh J.
- Study of serum sodium and potassium in newly diagonized essential hypertensive patients attending, mamata general and superspecialty hospital – Dr.K.Sanjay Kumar .
- Left ventricular mass in hypertension Correlative study of electrocardiography and echo cardiography in patients attending mamata general hospital khammam – Dr.T.Kranthi Kiran.
- A Study of serum uric acid and creative protein in acute myocardial infarction- S.Manjusha.
- A Clinical study of arrhythmias in acute myocardial infarction – Tanneru Sri Varsha.
- Effect of zinc supplementation on glycemic control in newly detected type 2 diabetes mellitus – P.Srija.
- A Study on occurrence of hypothyroidism (Clinical/Subelinical) in diabetes mellitus -2 and correlation of HbA 1C Levels with TSH Levels – Bommi Reddy Pranathi Ravam.
- Association of post prandial hypertriglyceridemia and carotid atherosclerosis in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus – Y.Rahul.
- Comparative study on using serum cystatin- C over serum creatinine in calculating glomerular filteration rate to diagnose nephropathy in type-2 diabetes patients and hypertension patients – Dr.R.Rajkumar.
- Cardiac changes in hepatic cirrhosis – P.Sanjana.
- Study of pulmonary function tests in patients with hypothyroidism – O.Bhavani Sai Keerthana.
- Study of sepsis with acute kidney injury -= G.Bhargav Reddy
- Study of metabolic syndrome in stroke – Talluri Varshi.
- Study of correlation of HBA1C and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus – K.Poojitha.
- A Study on mean platelet volume in acute coronary syndrome – T.Surya Prakash.
- Serum uric acid-an independent risk factor in acute non-embolic ischaemic stroke -DV.Ramana Kumar.