Overview of Department:
- Department of General Medicine caters the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary care to the people of Khammam and surrounding districts.
- Department provides better care to patients in outpatient and inpatient department daily along with 24 hours casualty and critical care services in the ICUs.
|1||Dr. Namoshi Anil Gangadhar||Professor & HOD|
|5||Dr. DVC Shoban Kumar||Professor|
|6||Dr. Midde Ranga Raja Rao||Professor|
|7||Dr. Sripada Muvvagopal||Professor|
|8||Dr. Mohan Gowdar||Professor|
|9||Dr. B Venkata Seeta Rama Raju||Associate Professor|
|10||Dr. Chirra Babu Rao||Associate Professor|
|11||Dr. Rajahounsh Veershettappa||Associate Professor|
|12||Dr. Penugonda Hanumanth Rao||Assistant Professor|
|13||Dr. Nagubandi Nanda Gopal||Assistant Professor|
|14||Dr. O. Raj Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|15||Dr. Kilari Sunil||Assistant Professor|
|16||Dr. Chava Venkata Sumanth||Assistant Professor|
|17||Dr. V.M. Krishna Kavya Thota||Assistant Professor|
|18||Dr. K. Umavani Hiranmayee||Assistant Professor|
|19||Dr. Saif Zil Kibriya||Assistant Professor|
|20||Dr. Hyndav Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|21||Dr. D. Krishna Sumanth||Assistant Professor|
- Departmental library – 142 Books
- Desktop with internet connection
- LCD Projector
- Free OPD care
- Free registration & free consultation in OPD
- Free investigation, X-Rays and USG’s
- Evaluation of the routine problem, malnutrition status and relevant preventive aspects.
- Even free medications, free specialty consultations
- Inpatient care is also free
- Free bed & diet
- Free CT Scans, MRI, 2D Echo for academic cases.
- Assessment and reassessment of the inpatients in morning & evening by consultants and post graduates regularly.
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Emergency care
- 25 beds, fully equipped casualty
- Mega critical care complex with complete ultramodern MICU, RICU, NICU, ICCU, AMC & a dialysis unit comprising 32 beds in total.
- All ICUs with central oxygen & suction, ventilators, cardiac monitors, pulse oxymeters, defibrillators, syringe pumps, blood gas analyzer, mobile X-Ray unit.
- Protocols displayed for all common emergencies in ICUs.
Community Health Services:
- Regular rural health camps
- School health camps,
- Adoption of villages 15,
- Detection and Medical advice of MALNUTRITION, Fluorosis in the area.
- College is a part of APAIDSCON, a NGO working with NACO.
- Rajhounsh V, Study of Diabetic Neuropathy among Telangana Population Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development Aug 2019/Vol 10/Issue 8/ Pg.No:218-221.
- Rajhounsh V, Study of Level of Serum Magnesium in Bronchial Asthma Patients of Telangana Population Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development Aug 2019/Vol 10/Issue 8/ Pg.No:218-221.
- K.C.Shashidhara, Dr.Ch.Venkata Sumanth, Dr.K.M.Srinath, Dr.Prasanna Kumar HR4. Clinical Profile and outcome in H1 N1 patients in a tertiary care center: A retrospective study.
Indian Journal of Basic and applied Medical Research. March 2019/Vol 8/Issue2/PISSN No: 2250-284X, E ISSN No:2250-2858, Pg.No:223-227.
Orientation/invited guest lecturers attended by Faculty :
- Anil G.Namoshi, Prof & HOD – APICON-2019, 74th Annual Conference,(KOCHI, KERALA),From 7th to 10th Feb-2019.
- O.Rajkumar Asst.Prof, Dr.K.Sunil Asst.Prof – CROSS CONNECT, Echo Interpretation for Physicians, KOCHI, On 3rd May 2019.
- Anil G.Namoshi Prof & HOD , Dr.T.Sravan S.R , Dr.K.Umavani Hiranmayee S.R , Dr.Venkata Naren P S.R – TS-APICON- 2019, 4th Annual State Conference Karimnagar, on 10th & 11th Aug- 2019.
- Anil G.Namoshi Prof & HOD, Dr.O.Rajkumar Asst.Prof.,Dr.M.Praneeth S.R – National Diabetes Complication Care Program, Conference held on 14th & 15th Sept-2019.
- D.Ramakanth Asst.Prof, Dr.T.Sravan S.R – AP APICON-2019, 47th Annual Conference (Guntur, Andhra Pradesh) From 13th to 15th Sept-2019
- Study on risk factors in patients with Ischaemic storke attending mamata general & super specialty hospital – A.Karteek.
- Study of QTC Interval in Diabetes Mellitus as an Indicator of Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy- B.Sai Apoorva .
- Evaluation of lipid profile in patients with non-diabetic chronic kidney disease stage 3, 4, 5 – C. Sireesha.
- A Study of clinical profile of cardiomyopathy in patients admitted to mamata general hospital – G.Rahul.
- Comparative study of retinopathy and nephropathy in relation to hbaic levels in type2 DM – Y.Ramesh.
- Study of impact of smoking on glycemic status in patients attending mamata general hospital Khammam – Triveni Sana.
- Comparitive study of lipid profile in type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients at mamata general hospital khammam. – S.Vagdevi.
- Study of clinical and biochemical profile in chronic kidney disease in patients attending in mamata medical college and hospital khammam – E.Chandrasekhar.
- Comparative study of lipoprotein(A)- A major risk factor for ischemic stroke – Rajesh J.
- Study of serum sodium and potassium in newly diagonized essential hypertensive patients attending, mamata general and superspecialty hospital – Dr.K.Sanjay Kumar .
- Left ventricular mass in hypertension Correlative study of electrocardiography and echo cardiography in patients attending mamata general hospital khammam – Dr.T.Kranthi Kiran.
- A Study of serum uric acid and creative protein in acute myocardial infarction- S.Manjusha.
- A Clinical study of arrhythmias in acute myocardial infarction – Tanneru Sri Varsha.
- Effect of zinc supplementation on glycemic control in newly detected type 2 diabetes mellitus – P.Srija.
- A Study on occurrence of hypothyroidism (Clinical/Subelinical) in diabetes mellitus -2 and correlation of HbA 1C Levels with TSH Levels – Bommi Reddy Pranathi Ravam.
- Association of post prandial hypertriglyceridemia and carotid atherosclerosis in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus – Y.Rahul.
- Comparative study on using serum cystatin- C over serum creatinine in calculating glomerular filteration rate to diagnose nephropathy in type-2 diabetes patients and hypertension patients – Dr.R.Rajkumar.
- Cardiac changes in hepatic cirrhosis – P.Sanjana.
- Study of pulmonary function tests in patients with hypothyroidism – O.Bhavani Sai Keerthana.
- Study of sepsis with acute kidney injury -= G.Bhargav Reddy
- Study of metabolic syndrome in stroke – Talluri Varshi.
- Study of correlation of HBA1C and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus – K.Poojitha.
- A Study on mean platelet volume in acute coronary syndrome – T.Surya Prakash.
- Serum uric acid-an independent risk factor in acute non-embolic ischaemic stroke -DV.Ramana Kumar.