Dr Dhanashree P Inamdar
Professor of Microbiology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Conducting theory, practical classes, Self – Directed Learning, AETCOM and Problem Based Learning sessions for the medical students.
- Theory and practical classes for dental and BSC-nursing students.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate (MBBS) in their research projects including ICMR.
- Handling QA-QC, PT-ILC and EQUAS for virology, serology, bacteriology, and molecular testing.
- Working as NODAL OFFICER for National action plan (NAP) on (Antimicrobial resistance) AMR.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Bacteriology and Immunology,
- Molecular Biology,
- Mycology, Virology and Parasitology,
- Antimicrobial stewardship programme
- Hospital Infection control
Awards & Achievements
- Received “Best performer of the day” on day 4 in 5th Advanced National Workshop on Hospital Infection Control from 28th September to 2nd October by HICP unit JIPMER, Puducherry.
- Received 1st prize in case presentation titled “A case of Phaeohyphomycotic subcutaneous abscess-clinicomycological dilemma” in 14th Annual workshop on Basic and Molecular diagnostics in mycology -virtual workshop at SRIHER, Chennai from March 30th to April 2nd.
- Received 1st prize in Quiz competition in 14th Annual workshop on Basic and Molecular diagnostics in mycology -virtual workshop at SRIHER, Chennai from March 30th to April 2nd.
Hands-on trainings undergone:
- 5th Advanced National Workshop on Hospital Infection Control from 28th September to 2nd October by HICP unit JIPMER, Puducherry.
- One day hands-on training on RT-PCR at Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad AT (Viral research and diagnostic laboratory) VRDL on 24-07-2020.
- Life member of the Indian Association for Medical Microbiologists (IAMM).
- Life member of the IAMM-TAPC chapter.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Basavaraju, Anuradha & Undi, Malatesh. Epidemiological Profile, Speciation and Antibiogram of Enterococcus Species in the Era of Resistance. Acta Microbiologica Bulgarica, 2021; 37, pp. 149-156.
- Inamdar DP, Anuradha B, Inamdar P, Patti PS. Microbiota of Bronchoalveolar Lavage Samples from Patients of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection – A Changing Trend. J Pure Appl Microbiol. 2021;15(3), pp .1508-1516. doi: 10.22207/JPAM.15.3.45.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & B, Anuradha. Phenotypic methods for detection of Amp C b lactamases in Gram negative clinical isolates of a tertiary care hospital. Indian Journal of Microbiology Research,2020; 7, pp 125-129. 10.18231/j.ijmr.2020.024.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Anuradha, B. Seroprevalence of transfusion transmissible infections among blood donors at tertiary care hospital in southern Telangana-A 3-year cross sectional study. Indian Journal of Microbiology Research, 2018; 5, pp 446. Doi. 10.18231/2394-5478.2018.0092.
- Ravindra S Mohite, Dhanashree P Inamdar, V. A. Kulkarni, Pankaj Joshi, R. D. Kulkarni. Demographic trend and clinical features of brucellosis in patients with history of lower back pain – A study in tertiary care hospital. Pathology Update: Tropical Journal of Pathology and Microbiology,2018. 4(1), pp 46-51.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Taklikar, Shripad & Baveja, Sujata. Universal Precautions in Preventing Central Venous Catheter Associated Blood Stream Infections. A Study at Tertiary Care Hospital of ‘Central Line Bundles’ in MICU. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences,2018; 7, pp. 2484-2491. 10.20546/ijcmas.2018.701.298
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Randive, Mrudul & Baveja, Sujata. Microbiological Profile and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing of Isolates from Central Line Catheters in Patients from Medical Intensive Care Unit of Tertiary Care Hospital – A Recent Changing Trend. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences,2016; 5, pp. 858-866. 10.20546/ijcmas.2016.510.094.
- Ravindra, Mohite & Nisha, Karanje & Gadgil, Shubhangi & Inamdar, Dhanashree. Association of IgG, IgM Antibodies, NS1 Antigen and Platelet Count in the diagnosis of Dengue Virus Infection in Patients Attending. IJOCM,2016, pp. 2454-7379
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & S, Mohite. Significance of brucellosis in backache patients. IJHBR,2014, 2(3), pp. 105-115
- Ingty, Moses & Vishrabdha, Rahul & Pawar, & Padmanabh, Dr & Inamdar, Dhanashree. Primary tuberculosis appendix as acute abdominal emergency. IJHBR,2013; 2(1), pp. 21-23.
- Inamdar, Dhanashree & Inamdar, Padmanabh & Mehta, Garima. Gigantic primary hydatid cyst of spleen: Case Report IJHBR,2013:1(3), pp.147-149.