Dr S Vijaya Durga
Professor of Microbiology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Conducting theory, practical classes, Self – Directed Learning, AETCOM and Problem Based Learning sessions for the medical students. Theory and practical classes for dental and BSC-nursing students.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate (MBBS) in their research projects including ICMR.
- Working as departmental co-ordinator/Registrar for NAAC programme
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Bacteriology and Immunology,
- Molecular Biology,
- Mycology, Virology and Parasitology,
- Hospital Infection control
Awards & Achievements
- Completed the Internal Auditor & Quality management Systems Certificate course (Foundation for Quality, India) as per ISO 15189- 2012, 2016 at Mamata Medical College, Khammam.
- Underwent training for Online Curriculum Implementation Support Programme (CISP-II) on 23rd & 24th Nov’ 2020 organized by MCI Regional Centre for Medical Education Technology, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad at Medical education unit, Mamata Medical College, Khammam
- Attended Revised course basic workshop and training in Attitude, Ethics and communication (AETCOM) at Mamata Medical College and Hospital, Khammam from 26th to 28th October 2021.
- Life member of the Indian Association for Medical Microbiologists (IAMM)
- Life member of the IAMM-TAPC chapter.
Peer reviewer for
- Journal of Research in Medical Microbiology.
- Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences.
- Vijaya Durga Suryadevara, Anuradha Basavaraju. Evaluation of inducible clindamycin resistance among staphylococcus aureus isolates in a tertiary care hospital. MedPulse International Journal of Microbiology. August 2019;11(2):14-17. https://www.medpulse.in/Microbiology/
- Vijaya Durga, S. and Anuradha, B. 2019. An Aerobic Bacteriological Profile and Antibiogram of Various Body Fluids from a Tertiary Care Hospital in Telangana, India – A 5 Year Study. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci.2019. 8(08): 592-601. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.808.071
- Vijaya Durga Suryadevara, Anuradha basavaraju, Keerthi vasireddyprevalence of MRSA among clinical isolates and their antibiogram in a Tertiary Care Hospital. Journal of evolution of medical and dental sciences. 2017;6(21):1667-69.
- Kishan Rao, S.V.Durga, B.Anuradha. Sero Prevalence of HIV, Hepatitis – B and Hepatitis – C among College going group (16-25 yrs), International Journal of Clinical Research, April- 2014.
- B, Vijaya Durga.S, Vanitha.B. Variation in oral anaerobic Microbial flora in relation to pregnancy, Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research. November 2012;4(6):1489-1491.
- Pratibha Mane, B.Anuradha, S.Vijaya Durga. ESBL prevalence and susceptibility pattern in Gram Negative Urinary isolates in a Tertiary Care Hospital, Indian Medical Journal. January 2012;106(2):8-10.
- Shyam, Sreelatha, Sanjay, Vijaya Durga. A Rare Presentation of Aureobasidium Pullulans as Allergic Fungal Sinusitis, Indian Medical Journal. April 2011;105:132-134.
- Anuradha, Munmun Das, Pratibha Mane, Vijaya Durga, Recent trends in antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of Escherichia coli in urinary tract infections. Pharmcologyonline. January April 2011;1:1001-5.
- Anuradha, Pratibha Mane, S.Vijaya Durga, The reactivation of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in HIV infected patients. Journal of Clinical and diagnostic research August 2011;5(4):749-751.
- Anuradha, S. V. Durga, Munmun Das, Suhrita Paul, Prevalence and antibiotic sensitivity pattern of Methicillin resisrant Staphylococcus aureus in wound infections in a tertiary care hospital in Andhra Pradesh. Indian J. Physiol & Allied Sci. 2010;64(3):116-122.
- Vijaya Durga, B. Anuradha, Neelam Sharma, Kishan Rao, Mun Mun Das. Seroprevalence of Hepatitis-C virus among healthy voluntary Blood Donors of age group 16-25 years in Khammam. Indian Medical journal September 2009:291-292.
- Anuradha, Pratibha Mane, Vijaya Durga, Das M.. A study on bacterial spectrum of Chronic Non Healing Ulcers. Ind Medical Journal. April 2009;103(4).