Dr. S. Vijay Kumar
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- I am working as Associate professor in department of Pharmacology.
- I am involved in teaching or training the undergraduate students, pursuing MBBS, BDS and B.Sc Nursing.
- I am holding the position of Member secretary for Institutional animal ethics committee of Mamata Medical College.
- As a member of pharmacovigilance committee of Mamata Medical College, sharing the responsibility of reporting ADR’s to National Pharmacovigilance Centre (Indian Pharmacopeia Commission).
- Registrar for monitoring academic activities in department of Pharmacology.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- My areas of interest of research is mainly Behavioral Pharmacology .
- Pharmacological screening of flavonoids derivatives against various types of pain & inflammation.
- Antioxidant and antiulcer activity of natural compounds using plant extracts.
- Investigating the effect of flavonoid derivatives on pain and inflammation & mechanisms involved using animal models.
- Effect of flavones on central nervous system (sedative and hypnotic like activity) of flavones & the mechanisms involved using appropriate animal models.
- Investigating the analgesic activity of flavones on anticancer drug induced peripheral neuropathy and the mechanisms involved in rodent species.
- Vinay Kumar Sayeli, Madhav P,Vijay Kumar Sayeli,Ankireddypalli Kameswar Reddy.Pattern of Adverse Drug Reactions with Anti-tubercular drugs and their impact on Non compliance to therapy: IJHCR.2021; 4(10):160-163.
- Parimala Kathirvelu, Jagan Nadipelli, Vijay Kumar Sayeli, ViswanadhanSubrahmanian, Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Binoy Varghese Cheraiyan. Effect of Flavone Derivatives on Vincristine and Oxaliplatin Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in J. Clin. Diagn Research. 2021 Jan; 15(1): FC01-FC06.
- Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Viswanathan Subramanian, Jagan Nadipelly, Parimala Kathirvelu, Vijaykumar Sayeli, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan.Anxiolytic- like activity of 5- methoxyflavone in mice with involvement of GABAergic and serotonergic systems – in vivo and in silico evidences.Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2020; 36: 100-110.
- Naveen Pokala,Vijaykumar Sayeli, Jayasree T. Evaluation of antipyretic activity of alcoholic extract of Murrayakoenigiileaves in rabbits:Inj JBasic Clin Pharmacol.| July; 2019;8(7):1577-1581.
- Vijaykumar Sayeli, Jagan Nadipelly, Parimala Kadhirvelu, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram & Viswanathan Subramanian. Antinociceptive effect of flavonol and a few structurally related dimethoxy flavonols in mice:Inflammopharmacology. 2019.
- Parimala Kathirvelu, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Jagan N, Viswanathan S, Vijay Kumar S, Kamalakannan P. Gastroprotective and Antioxidant effect of Petroleum ether Extract of Eupatorium triplinerveVahl: Res J. Pharm.Tech. 2019; 12(11):5163-5166.
- Vijaykumar Sayeli, Jagan Nadipelly, Parimala Kadhirvelu, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram and Viswanathan Subramanian. Effect of flavonol and its dimethoxy derivatives on paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy in mice: J Basic Clin PhysiolPharmacol. April 2018.
- Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Viswanathan Subramanian, Jagan S. Nadipelly, Parimala Kathirvelu, Vijaykumar Sayeli, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan. Sedative–hypnotic like effect of 5–methoxyflflavone in mice and investigation on possible mechanisms by in vivo and in silico methods: Biomed Pharmacother. (2018); 108: 85–94.
- Jagan Nadipelly, Vijaykumar Sayeli, Parimala Kadhirvelu, Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Viswanathan Subramanian. Effect of certain trimethoxy flavones on paclitaxel -induced Peripheral neuropathy in mice: Med. Res. 7 (2 0 1 8); 159–167.
- Binoy Varghese Cheriyan , Parimala Kadhirvelu , Jagan Nadipelly , Jaikumar Shanmugasundaram , Vijaykumar Sayeli, Viswanathan Subramanian. Anti-nociceptive Effect of 7-methoxy Coumarin from Eupatorium Triplinervevahl (Asteraceae): Mag .2017; 13:81-4.