Dr Aalasyam Naveen
Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- I am working as Assistant professor in department of Pharmacology.
- I am involved in teaching or training the undergraduate students, pursuing MBBS, BDS and B.Sc Nursing.
- As a deputy coordinator of pharmacovigilance committee of Mamata Medical College, sharing the responsibility of reporting ADR’s to National Pharmacovigilance Centre (Indian Pharmacopeia Commission).
- Active member of anti ragging squad, mamata medical college, Khammam.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- My areas of interest of research is mainly Gastrointestinal and Behavioral Pharmacology
- Hepatoprotective activity of selected medicinal plants.
- Antidepressant, Antioxidant, Antipyretic and antidiabetic activity of natural compounds using plant extracts.
- Effectiveness of Om chanting on stress and cognition in young adults with type D personality.
- Effectiveness of structured “Om” chanting and listening program on psychological parameters in pre-hypertensive women
- Association of sleep quality and spatial and verbal memory in young adults.
EDITOR -IN – CHIEF, MMC News bulletin, Mamata medical college, khammam.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Swathi C, Roja rani. Effectiveness of Om chanting on stress and cognition in young adults with type D personality. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021; 11(10): 1196-1198.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Sai Sailesh Kumar Goothy, Mukkadan J K. Effectiveness of structured “Om” chanting and listening program on psychological parameters in pre-hypertensive women. . Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021;11(10):1095-1098.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Sai Sailesh Kumar Goothy. Association of sleep quality and spatial and verbal memory in young adults. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2019; 9(10): 946-949.
- Naveen Pokala, Naveen Alasyam, Kavitha Rasamal. Evaluation and comparison of antipyretic activity of aqueous leaf extracts of Vitex negundo and Andrographis paniculata in rabbits. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2019; 9(6):1-6.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Naveen Pokala, Premendran John. Hepatoprotective activity of aqueous extract of phyllanthus fraternus in wistar rats. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2019; 9(3):1-4.
- Venkatanarayana Narapogu, Naveen Aalasyam, Naveen Pokala, T Jayasree, Premendran John. Evaluation of Antidepressant and Antioxidant Activity of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-greacum) Seed Extract in Wistar Rats. J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2018; 10(6):135-140.
- Ahmed S. K., Naveen Alasyam, Chakrapani Cheekavolu, Sunil M. Evaluation of antidiabetic potential of hydroalcoholic extract of Annona squamosa (HAEAS) leaf in alloxan monohydrate induced diabetic Albino rats. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2018 Jan; 7(1):179-18.
- Ahmed. SK, Chakrapani Cheekavolu, Naveen Alasyam, Sunil.M. Evaluation of Hypoglycemic Property of Gurmar (Gymnema Sylvestre) Leaves Methanolic Extract (GSLME) in Streptozocin (STZ) induced Diabetic Albino Rats. JMSCR.2017; 5 (12): 31753-31760.
- Ahmed. SK, Sampath.D, Chakrapani Cheekavolu, Sunil.M, Naveen Alasyam. Evaluation of Antihyperglycemic activity of aqueous extract of Carica papaya linn. Leaves in Alloxan induced diabetic Albino rats. JMSCR.2017; 5 (11): 30915-30922.