Dr Nella Harshini
Assistant Professor of Microbiology
Current academic role and responsibilities
- Assistant professor in the department of microbiology
- Conducting theory, practical classes, Self – Directed Learning and Problem BasedØ Learning sessions for the medical and dental programs.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD) students in their research projects.
- To plan and prepare appropriately the assigned courses and lectures.
- Implementing the designated curriculum completely and in due time.
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings and other assigned meetings and activities.
- To model ethical conduct, caring attitude and promote positive inter-personal relationships, correct use of language, promote empathy, compassion and respect for the gender, ethnic, religious, cultural and learning diversity of students.
Areas of research & expertise
- Clinical Bacteriology
- Virology and Parasitology,
- Bacteriological study of Urinary Tract Infections.
- Isolation and Identification of Aerobic Bacterial Flora in eyes of Normal persons
- Screening for HIV-1 and HIV-2, Antibodies by ELISA, in voluntary blood donors at district hospital in Khammam
- Study of HIV-TB co infection
- Research on MRSA -Nasal carriage.
- Molecular biology (PCR)
Awards and achievements
Best poster award at Mamata Medical College, Khammam for presentation on “MRSA-Nasal carriage among paramedical staff in a tertiary care hospital, Khammam”.
- Membership no of IAMM TAPC chapter :520
- National IAMM membership no: SM 33/16-17
- Nella Harshini, B. Anuradha. A study on HIV-TB co infection on and around Khammam,Telanagana. International journal of current microbiology and applied sciences. November 2017;6(11).
- B Anuradha, Nella Harshini and B Nageshwar Rao. MRSA -Nasal carriage among paramedical staff in a tertiary care hosiptal,khammam. ECRONICON Microbiology June 2018;14(7):384-390.