ACTIVITIES OF METU:-
- Regularly monitoring teacher evaluation & student evaluation
- Teacher self assessment activity
- Improving teaching – learning activities by micro teaching and teacher training programmes
- Educating Postgraduate students on Pedagogy and on research methodology, scientific publications and biostatistics.
- Regularly conducting teacher training programmes for the faculty members
- Organizing CME programmes
- Organizing under graduate, interns and postgraduate orientation programmes.
- Carrying out educational projects.
- Regularly deputing faculty members to National and regional and nodal training centers for medical education.
- Introduction of problem based exercises after a lecture for final year MBBS students in OBG. – Dr M. Vijaya SreeM.D professor of OBG.
- Improving the learning outcome of slow learners by various teaching/ learning methods. – Dr B. Anuradha M.D professor of Micribiplogy.
- To introduce OSCE/OSPE as a learning and as a evaluation tool. – Dr B. P. Ravikumar M.D. Professor of Community Medicine.
- To compare the effect of teaching with black board and teaching withA-V aids (OHP & LCD). – P. Srilakshmi M.Sc Ph D, assoc. Professor of Biochemistry.
- Introducing team based learning to improve learning outcome.- Dr B. Anuradha M.D professor of Microbiology
- Introducing mini CEX for p g students as a learning tool. – Dr M. Vijaya SreeM.D professor of OBG
- Comparison of the impact of problem based learning role play versus traditional lecture on the attitude and communication skills and academic outcome of 9th semester students in OBG. – Dr.M.Vijaya Sree M.D professor of OBG
- Impact of JIGSAW learning versus traditional learning method on the study skills and academic outcome of 6th semester students in OBGY – Dr.M.Vijaya Sree M.D professor of OBG
- Effectiveness of case based learning over traditional methods in pathology teaching of undergraduate students – Dr Y . sushma Prof & HOD , pathology.
- Evaluation of directly observed procedural skills in surgery (surgical DOPS) as a tool to enhance surgical suturing technique.- Dr Padmanabh Inamdar , associate professor of general surgery
- Perception of under graduate medical students and faculty towards role play as a teaching – learning tool for communication skills – Dr P . Udy kumar , Professor of Anatomy
Effectiveness of self directed learning in embryology to first year MBBS students. – DR G. Vinay , Prof & HOD , Anatomy