Dr K Nithesh Kumar
Professor of Community Medicine
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
Academics, Research, clinical presentations, Community engagement , implementation of National health programmes, Academics, Research, clinical presentations, Community engagement , implementation of National health programmes, outreach activities(NSS) and Unnat Bharat Abiyan,Coordinator, Mamata Medical College in the community, NTEP Nodal Person ,Mamata Medical College.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Maternal and Child health care
- Primary health care
- Planning management
- Non communicable diseases
- Communicable diseases
- Surveys : (CTD,ICMR,WHO,NIE, NIRT) Community based
- Unnat Bharath Abiyan
Awards & Achievements
A study to assess prevalence of diabetes mellitus and its associated risk factors among adult residents of Urban Khammam- Best posses at International diabetes federation (IDF) conference 2018,Hyderabad October 25th – 27th 2018.
IAPSM, IMA Vice chair of East zone (NTEP) National Tuberculosis elimination.
- NitheshKumar, Efficacy and safety of topical 0.05% in vernal conjunctivitis, International journal of Health and clinical research 2022;5(1): 214-218.
- NitheshKumar, Study of Blood group analysis and its correlation with lymphopemia in covid-19 in Infected cases- one experience is Tertiary care hospital Med Rxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101 / 2021.17.12.21258824, posted is july 14;2021.available under cc-B4-NC-ND 4.0 international License
- NitheshKumar, A study to assess prevalence of diabetes mellitus and its associated risk factors among adult residents of rural Khammam Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Apr;5(4):1360-1365.
- NitheshKumar, Gender preference and awareness regarding sex determination among married women in urban slums. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2018 Mar;5(3):987-990 .
- NitheshKumar, Study of prevalence of diabetes mellitus Type 2 among adults in a rural area of Kutubullapur, Hyderabad, Med Pulse International Journal of Community Medicine Print ISSN: 2579-0862, Volume 5, Issue 3, March 2018 pp 31-35.
- NitheshKumar,K.Srilakshmi,K.Harinath Babu,I.Ramyacharitha, Prevalence of Metabolic syndrome and its associated factors among employess working in District court,Khammam. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health ,online ISSN:1941-2479(Approved & in publication Process).