Overview of Department
The Department of Urology provides comprehensive treatment for common urological problems like prostate diseases, urinary stones, infections, malignancies, and strictures of the urethra. The Department performs complex surgical procedures such as Intra renal Surgery, Nephron-sparing Surgery for Renal Cell Carcinoma exploiting hypothermia and regional vascular control. The learning process is facilitated and mentored by a dedicated faculty and support staff.
|1||Dr. Jonnalagadda Sasi Kumar||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. Nookala Rama Murthy||Professor|
|3||Dr. Sri Balaram. A||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Yeruva Anil Reddy||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr.Nishanth Kumar Mydam||Senior Resident|
|6||Dr.Sharma Rahul Mataprasad||Senior Resident|
|7||Dr.Soitkar Sagar Mahavir||Senior Resident|
|8||Dr.Vamseedhar Reddy Ch||Senior Resident|
|9||Dr. Jagadeeswar Addepalli||Senior Resident|
|10||Dr. P. Reshma||Senior Resident|
Courses Offered : M.Ch. in Urology.
- Separate Urology ward with 30 beds
- Dedicated 2 Urology OT
- Departmental Library
- Intra departmental discussion with Nephrology, Pathology and Radiology.
Facilities, Equipments & Special services
- Endoscopic, minimal invasive and reconstructive surgeries
- Urodynamic Studies (Uroflowmetry)
- Doppler ultrasound
- Radiological investigations like Retrograde Ureterogram and Retrograde Pyelogram.
- Phallodynamic Studies (Impotence Studies).
- Urodynamic study: Pressure flow studies with EMG.
- PCCL(Percutaneous Cystolithotrity)
1.N. Rama Murthy, Sri Balram A, Y. Anil Reddy, B. Swapnil, P. Rahul Tej, B. Srinivas, J. Sasi Kumar. Comparative Study on Efficacy of Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Combination vs. Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate (TURP) in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Patients. IAIM, 2020; 7(7): 7-17.
2. Shravani Myadam, Sri Balram A, Dileep Kumar Reddy, Nagaraj, P. Rahul Tej, N. Rama Murthy. Role of Computed Tomography in Blunt Abdominal Trauma Evaluation at a Tertiary Care Centre in Rural Setup. IAIM, 2020; 7(7): 18-24.
3. J. Sasi kumar, Dr. N Rama murthy, Role of Mini Pcnl In The Treatment Of Renal And Upper Ureteric Calculus. 2019, Jemds/2019/37.
4. J. Sasi kumar, Dr. N Rama murthy. Management of lower ureteral stones using Tamsulosin- A prospective study. 2019. IAIM 2019,6(1): 96-102
5. J. Sasi Kumar, P. Rahul Tej, A. Sri Balram, B. Srinivas, Y. Anil Reddy, B. Swapnil, N. Rama Murthy. Fractured retained Double-J stents presenting as urethral foreign body. IAIM, 2018; 5(12): 140-145.
6. G.Mallikarjuna, N. Ramamurthy, G. Ravichander, Ravi Jahagirdar, Jagadeeshwar, Substitution Urethroplasty:Buccal Mucosal Graft Vs Local Flaps- A Prospective Randomized Study. Vol 3,Issue 10,Oct 2016.
7. Ravi Jahangirdhar, N Ramamurthy, G.Mallikarjun, T.Jagadeeshwar, G.RaviChandar2, G.Raghavendra. Ct Density-Is It A Predictor In Renal Calculus Clearance With Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy. Vol3,Issue 9,September 2016.