Overview of Department:
Department of Pharmacology is a basic medical sciences specialty, deals with imparting knowledge and skills concerning with drug administration to health care professional medical students. Teaching & research opportunities are satisfactorily met with the availability of well-equipped air-conditioned lecture halls, demonstration rooms with high quality audio-visual aids, research & experimental lab. The faculty are involved in drug safety monitoring (pharmacovigilance committee). Faculty had the credit of research publications in national and international renowned indexed journals.
|1||Dr. Naveen Pokala||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Moumita Hazra||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. S. Vijay Kumar||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. Alasyam Naveen||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr. N. Chandrasekhar||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr. Pokuri Kishan||Assistant Professor|
|7||Dr. Bollapu Bhavya||Tutor|
|8||Dr. Chepuri Nitish||Tutor|
|9||Dr. Duggineni Srita||Tutor|
|10||Dr. Edamakanti Vijaya Durga||Tutor|
|11||Dr. Koneni Nikhil||Tutor|
|12||Dr. Kunduru Naga Malleshwari||Tutor|
- Experimental Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
Facilities and learning sources:
Library: Having 152 books including question banks & MCQ’s.
- 17 desktop computers with internet connection.
- One laptop
- One printer
- Overhead projectors
- LCD monitor
Research laboratory with animal house facility:
Well equipped with basic instruments for conducting research.
Spectrophotometer, Analgesiometers, Electro-convulsometers, Cooks pole climbing apparatus, metabolic cages, Digitalphotoactometer, Incubator, Soxhlet apparatus, Dark light chamber apparatus, Elevated plus maze, Digital PH meter, Centrifuge machines.
- Facility to extract active principles of plant products.
- Chemical analysis of unknown substances.
- Preparing & dispensing various drug formulations.
Clinical pharmacology laboratory:
Facility to carry out clinical research work
- History of medicine (34).
- Charts & flow charts (86).
- Different dosage forms (30).
- Drugs used in different disease conditions (300).
- JaikumarShanmugasudaram, Viswanatham Subramanian, JaganNadipelly, ParimalaKathivelu, Vijay Kumar Sayeli, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Anxiolytic- like activity of 5- methoxyflavone in mince with involvement of GABAergic and serotonergic systems – in vivo and in silico evidences. European Neuropsychopharmacology, 2020; 36:100-110.
- ParimalaKathirvelu ,JaganNadipelly , Vijaykumar Sayeli , Viswanathan Subramanian , JaikumarShanmugasundaram, Binoy Varghese Cheriyan, Effect of Flavone Derivatives on Vincristine and Oxaliplatin Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Mice. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2021;15(1): FC01-FC06.
- Vinay Kumar Sayel , Madhav P, Vijay Kumar Sayeli , AnkireddypalliKameswar Reddy, Pattern of Adverse Drug Reactions with Anti-tubercular drugs and their impact on Noncompliance to therapy. International Journal of Health and Clinical Research, 2021;4(10):160-163.
- Swathi.C, Madhukar Rao Polasni, Roja Rani, Effectiveness and tolerability of tramadol versus diclofenac in treatment of knee osteoarthritis: A comparative clinical study. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021; 11(2): 147-151.
- Naveen Aalasyam, Sai Sailesh Kumar Goothy, Mukkadan J K, Effectiveness of structured “Om” chanting and listening program on psychological parameters in pre-hypertensive women. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2021; 11(10): 1-4.
- Evaluation of hypoglycemic and anti – hyperglycemic activity of alcoholic extract of Mangiferaindica seeds in wistar rats – P. Naveen, Professor.
- Evaluation of antidiabetic activity of commercially available extract of Phyllanthus Emblica in wistar rats. S. Vijay Kumar, Assistant. Professor.
- Anti Inflammatory activity of flavonol and few structurally related dimethoxy flavonols in wistar rats. S Vijay Kumar, Assistant Professor.
- Evaluation of Local Anaesthetic activity of samaneasaman flowers on Rabbit eye. Dr. Naveen, Professor.