Overview of Department:
Most people think of neurosurgery as brain surgery — but it is much more. It is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of of patients with injury to, or diseases / disorders of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column, and peripheral nerves within all parts of the body. The specialty of neurosurgical care includes both adult and pediatric patients. Dependent upon the nature of the injury or disease a neurological surgeon may provide surgical and/or non-surgical care.
|1||Dr. Kasukurthi Jagadeesh Babu||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. Vimala Ambati||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. G.Dhanunjaya Rao||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr.Bhavthankar Tanmay Dilip||Assistant Professor|
|5||Dr.JVNK Aravind||Senior Resident|
|6||Dr. Jonnalagadda Sai Varun||Senior Resident|
|7||Dr. K. Raman||Senior Resident|
|8||Dr. Shanmugapathy M||Senior Resident|
Courses Offered : 2 M. Ch. seats of superspeciality through NEET.
Facilities and Learning sources:
- ft Laminar flow Neuro operation theatre
- Mind –Ray Anaesthesia work station
- Moller – Wedol (German) Neurosurgical operating Microscope
- Phillips (Phillur – M 70) 7 bulb single dome over head operation theater light
- Excel mono and bipolar electro cautery opparatus
- Allengers fluoroscopy C arm machine
- Neurosurgery electric craniotomy drill
- One resuscitative and recuparatory room with 2beds, with adequate emergency items.
Research and Publications:
- Rama krishna G and Jagadesh Babu K. Surgical outcomes of cervical spondylotic myelopathy: A prospective study. International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2020. (Inpress)
- Bedi MS, Bhavthankar TD, Girijala MR, Babu JK, Ambati V, Jonalgadda V, Ogando-Rivas E, Konchada K, Juluru CS, Jvnk A. Lazy Glass Microsurgical Trainer: A Frugal Solution for Microsurgical Training. World Neurosurg. 2019 May;125:433-442
- Jagdeesh babu, A. Siddareddy, S. Ponraj. Surgical management of spontaneous intracerebral haematomas. Journal of science. / vol 7 / issue 1 / 2017 / 1-6.
- Rama krishna G and Jagadesh Babu k. Evaluation of etiology, risk factors and surgical treatment outcome in stroke patients, Acta Biomedica Scientia. 2016;3(2):110-115.
- Jagadeesh babu. K, ramakrishna, mannitol vs hypertonic saline in the treatment of increased intracranial pressure in traumatic brain injury patients. Journal of Medical Science And clinical Research. Volume 4 issue 08 august 2016.
- Rama krishna g, Jagadesh babu K, Vishnu prasad K. A study of clinical features and surgical outcome of chiari type-i malformation associated with syringomyelia. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2014; 2(2c):740-743.
- K Jagadesh Babu, Sidda Reddy. S Ponraj, Gv Murali, Ch V S Govindappa, Ds Hanuman. Clinicopathological Study of Intradural Extramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors. Sch J Med Case Rep 2014; 2(2):108-111.
- K Jagadesh Babu, Sidda Reddy, Gv Murali, S Ponraj, K Mahendhar Kumar, Ds Hanuman, Anterior Cervical Discectomy And Bone Graft Fusion – Clinical Presentation, Post-Operative Outcome And Complications, , Int J Res Dev Health. March 2014; Vol 2(2).