Overview of Department:
- Postgraduate course was commenced in 2003-04 with initial intake of one MD and one Diploma and currently the intake has been increased to four MD
- Being part of a tertiary medical institution situated in rural area, besides offering routine, comprehensive health care, also offers quality modern treatment for all skin ailments, STD & HIV including
- Ours is a referral centre for dermatology, STD and HIV for places covering Khammam, Nalgonda, Krishna districts and other adjoining areas.
- We perform various dermatosurgery procedures like vitiligo surgeries, nail surgeries, CO2 LASER, RF cautery, ear lobe repair, PRP etc. and cosmetology procedures including chemical peels, Acne surgeries, IPL, ear piercing
- We offer phototherapy for various skin conditions and Dermoscopy and wood’s lamp for proper visualization.
- The department has 40 bedded (20 M & 20 F) skin ward, catering for inpatient facilities.
- Runs daily outpatient services on all days, except on holidays.
- The department has experienced staff with modern facilities.
|1||Dr.Shyam Sundar Rao Perumalla||Professor|
|2||Dr. Sushmalatha B||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Potla Shalini||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. V. Divya||Senior Resident|
|5||Dr. Kollipara Satyanarayana Rao||Senior Resident|
- Postgraduate – MD in DVL
- Free OPD care with free registration
- Free consultation in OPD.
- Inpaitent care also free.
- Free bed and
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Advanced phototherapy with LED lights.
- Our Institution has good academicians’ who are to strive impact the best educations possible for students. The team works of the staff gives the best possible outputs academic wise.
- Ours is leavel-3 tertiary care center with all equipment and manual resources providing the.
Best treatment and care compared to other hospitals with cost effectiveness.
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- E-learning classes to all under graduates and post graduates.
- Encourage students to actively participate in both state and national level activities academically and non-academically in all kind of activates.
- Equipped with skilled lab where both post graduates and under graduates are given hands on training skills.
- Intensive Teaching schedule on all working days for Post graduates.
- Clinical postings done regularly with ward leaving examinations to under graduates.
- We update ourselves regular approaches and treatment methods from journal club.
- Departmental library is provided with various journals and recent books- 98.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- A clinical study on dermatological manifestations obesity- dr. V ashok babu jemdas-2019 8/issue47/nov25,2019 .
- A study of thyroid profile abnormalities in vitiligo patients in tertiary center of south india in telangana – dr. B. Sushmalatha, ijerd-2019 vol 5/issue 3/ aug -2019.
- Evaluation of therapeutic effusiveness of vitamin d3 inj ina a teratiary care centers –dr. B. Sushmalatha, ijerd-2019 vol 5/issue 3/ aug -2019.
- A study of clinico histopathlogical spectrum and their coreelation in autoimmune vesiculobullous diseases . Dr. Naseema shaik.
- A comparative study to evaluate the efficasy of intradermal tranexamic acid and intradermal platelet rich plasma in the treatment of melasma.- dr. Deepthi.
- A clinical study on hand and foot eczema and the relevance of patch testing in determining the causative agent.- dr. Sonika.
- A comparative study of fractional co2 laser and dermaroller in the treatment of atrophic facial acne scars.- dr. Mounika.