Overview of Department:
Medical physiology concentrates on the organisation and functioning of human body. Physiology is the basis for understanding diseased states and their treatment modality.
Our Physiology department includes enthusiastic and hardworking faculty. Regular Undergraduate and Post Graduate activities are taking place. We have 3 Ph.D scholars doing their Doctorate thesis.
Department renders high quality teaching and training undergraduate and postgraduate students. It has a well-structured program for undergraduate and postgraduate students which includes lectures, tutorials, Seminars, Journal Clubs, laboratory practicals and demonstrations. Department encourages faculty and doctoral candidates to take new interesting research projects, and present the topic in conferences and do publications. Physiology department actively participate in research and medical education activities. In collaboration with clinical departments we conduct integrated teaching and early clinical exposure to make the subject more interesting and improvethe ability of studentsto learn about pathological aspects of diseases.
Imparting knowledge of physiology to paramedical courses like dentistry and nursing also come under department’s purview.
Under the guidance of Institutional Head, Academic and extracurricular performances of students are closely monitored with a strong and efficient mentorship program. Regular feedback is taken from students regarding teaching learning methods, any suggestions for improvise is considered.
Planning for digital clinical laboratory set up in coming days. Implementation of AETCOM from this academic batch 2019-20.
|1||Dr. Akumalla Krishnaveni||Professor & HOD|
|2||Dr. A.Purna Singh||Associate Professor|
|3||Mrs. K Amrutha||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Kancharla Sirisha||Assistant Professor|
|5||Ms. Kanneganti Jhansi||Tutor|
|6||Mr. Annepaka Eliya Raju||Tutor|
MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (NURSING) & MD in PHYSIOLOGY.
Proper understanding of subject. Applying the concepts of Physiology in understanding and practicing clinical medicine
To enhance knowledge and skill in performing the practical tests and examining the patients.
Enable the students to emerge as a competent trained medical professional and able to deliver independent, quality and effective healthcare service to the community Encourage faculty in research activities
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Didactic lecture gallery with facilities of various audio-visual aids.
- Haematology laboratory
- Well-equipped Clinical and Human laboratory
- Amphibian and Mammalian Laboratory
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
- Kunipurisarala, ReddipoguPavani and AkumallaKrishnaveni – Impact of parental history of hypertension on heart by treadmill – International Journal of physiology, April-June -2019. Vol7 No-2
- R, Dr.KancharlaSirisha – Association of Bleeding Time and Clotting Time with Abo Blood Groups Among Healthy Adults – International Journal of physiology,October-December 2019, Vol.7, No.4.
- KancharlaSirisha, Mangala Gowri SR – Association of Anaemia with Blood Groups International Journal of physiology,-Vol-7 Number 2 May- August-2019.
- Cardio- vascular Autonomic function tests in type –II Diabetics & non-Diabetics by Mrs.K.Amrutha.
- Evaluation of W.B.C sub type ratios, platelet indices and hs – CRP levels to predict the pre – eclampsia at 11-14 weeks of human pregnancy by Miss. K. Jhansi.