Dr Preeti Uday Deshpande
Assistant Professor of Microbiology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Teaching undergraduate students belonging to MBBS, BDS and Nursing courses
- Conducting practical classes for MBBS and BDS undergraduate students
- Guiding undergraduate students (MBBS) in their research projects
- Involved in Diagnostic and research activities of the department
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Medical Microbiology including Bacteriology, Immunology, Mycology, Virology, Parasitology and Molecular Biology
- Hospital Infection control
- Biomedical waste Management
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded Third prize in the postgraduate quiz at the Teaching Pathologists and Microbiologists Conference (7th March, 2015) hosted by Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
- Completed the Internal Auditor & Quality management Systems Certificate course (Foundation for Quality, India) as per ISO 15189- 2012 from 30th March to 2nd April, 2016 at Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai.
- Completed the 13th Infectious Disease Certificate Course from 19th September to 24th September, 2016 at P.D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Completed the Basic course in Biomedical research (SWAYAM-NPTEL) in March-June 2020 session with a consolidated score of 94%.
- Underwent training for Online Curriculum Implementation Support Programme (CISP-II) on 17th & 18th July 2020 organized by MCI Regional Centre for Medical Education Technology, Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad at Medical education unit, Mamata Medical College, Khammam.
- Completed the Certificate Program on Hospital Infection Control from September- October 2020 organized by the Sankara Nethralaya Academy, Chennai.
- Attended Revised course basic workshop and training in Attitude, Ethics and communication (AETCOM) at Mamata Medical College and Hospital, Khammam from 26th to 28th October 2021.
- Awarded Second prize in the Quiz competition at the 14th Annual Workshop on Basic and Molecular Diagnostics in Mycology- Virtual workshop (30th March to 2nd April 2022) at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher education and Research.
- Member of the Hospital Infection Society-Mumbai forum (2015)
- Currently registered in the Telangana State Medical Council (TSMC)
- Deshpande PU, Mehta PR, Kerkar SC et al. Prevalence of HPV infection in women at a tertiary care hospital in Mumbai. Int J Res Rev. 2016; 3(6):68-75.
- Medhe AS, Mandale SS, Deshpande PU, Bhavthankar JD. Bilateral submandibular swelling diagnosed as tuberculous lymphadenitis in an asymptomatic patient: A rare case report. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2018 Oct-Dec;61(4):570-572.