Dr Y V Rama Krishna Reddy
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Conducting theory, practical classes, Self – Directed Learning and Problem Based Learning sessions for the medical and dental programs.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate and postgraduate students in their research projects.
- Administrative responsibility of the College as Dept. NAAC Registrar.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Biochemical Estimations (Clinical chemistries & Immunochemistry) and Quality Controls,
- Protein, Genome Electrophoretic separations techniques and genomic extractions.
- Chromatography Techniques (Paper, TLC& HPLC)
- Molecular techniques &Cytotoxic studies,
- Spectrophotometric analysis,
- Biological Extractions and quality testing.
Advisory committee and Editorial board member for “Journal medical science and technology” (ISSN: 1694-1217).
- Uthira Kumar, A. Suma Preethi, Y.V. Ramakrishna Reddy, K. Kalyan kumar, B. Nageshwar Rao. “Effect of Trimetazidine on Haemotological Parameters in Experimental Animals with Coronary Heart Disease Alone and in Combination with Diabetes Mellitus”. International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 2022 Jan 29;9(1):17-21.
- P Sri Lakshmi, Kalyan Kumar Kakarla, Pendru Raghunath, Y V Ramakrishna Reddy. Epidemiological Risk Factors Influencing the Formation of Renal Calculi, their Chemical Composition and Association with Urinary Tract Infections. Sch Int J Biochem. 2020;3(12):260-266.
- Rama Krishna Reddy Y V, Srilakshmi P, Cherian KM, Babu S. Comparison of Serum and Salivary Neopterin with Troponin-I and CK-MB Levels in Acute Coronary Syndrome. Indian J Med Biochem. 2019;23(1):217-220.
- Srilakshmi P, Rama Krishna Reddy Y V, Bharathi PK, Rambabu K. Role of HbA1c and microalbuminuria in diabetic-hypertensive individuals: An index for the diabetic nephropathy. Int J Clin Biochem Res. 2019;6(1):126-128.
- Srilakshmi P, Rama Krishna Reddy Y V, Rambabu K, Rao S. V. Cystatin C, oxidative stress and body fat distribution in the middle aged individuals with coronary artery disease. Int J Clin Biochem Res. 2018;5(4):622-626.
- P Srilakshmi, B Anuradha, YV Ramakrishna Reddy. Effectiveness of self-directed learning with lecture method in teaching first year medical students in a medical school. Int.j.med.sci.educ. April-June 2018;5(2):153-156.Swetha D, Srilakshmi P, Y V Ramakrishna Reddy, Rambabu K. Oxidative stress in unstable angina and myocardial infarction. Jour of Med Sc & Tech. 2017;6(3);17-22.M. Ranagaswamy, Rama Krishna Reddy Y V.Study of Antioxidant Status in Pregnancy Induced Hypertension.Journal of Medical Science & Technology. 2016:5(2);3-7.
- Rama Krishna Reddy Y V, Jaideep Mahendra,PremaGurumurthy, P Jayamathi, Sai Babu, K M Cherian. Identification of Predictable biomarkers in conjunction to framingham risk score to predict the risk for CVD in non cardiac subject. Journal of Clinical Diagnostic and Research. 2015:09(02);23-27.
- PremaGurumurthy, Sai Krishna Borra, Rama Krishna Reddy Yeruva, Dolice Victor, Sai Babu, K. M. Cherian. Estimation of Ischemia Modified Albumin (IMA) Levels in Patients with Acute CoronarySyndrome. Ind J Clin Biochem. 2014;29(3):367-371.