Dr Uma Pokala
Associate Professor of ENT
Current academic role and responsibilities
- Teaching the under graduate medical students and implementation of competency based medical education programs.
- Development of programs of clinical excellence that can support the academic programs.
- Overseeing education of post graduate students via operating room experience, teaching rounds,lectures and conferences.
Areas of research and expertise
- Hearing and deafness
- Head and neck Neoplasms
- Paediatric otolaryngology
- Sinus and nasal disorders
- Voice and Speech
Life member of AOI-Telangana state
- Correlation of ultrasonography and fine needle aspiration cytology for diagnosis of malignancy in thyroid lesions: a study of 100 cases. International Journal Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 2021Aug;7(8):1227-1230.
- Myringoplasty in allergic rhinitis patients- observations.Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research. 2017 Dec;7(1):120-124.
- Nasal septal cartilage allograft for myringoplasty- our observations.Medpulse international journal of ENT.2018 Feb;5(2):41-44.
- A prospective study of clinicopathological profile of patients with hoarseness of voice – Our observations. MedPulse International Journal of ENT. 2018 Feb;5(2):38-40.