Dr Pokala Naveen
Professor and Head of Pharmacology
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- I am working as Professor and Head, department of Pharmacology.
- I am involved in teaching or training the undergraduate students, pursuing MBBS, BDS and B.Sc Nursing.
- I am holding the position of Chairperson for Institutional animal ethics committee of Mamata Medical College.
- As a Chairperson of pharmacovigilance committee of Mamata Medical College, sharing the responsibility of reporting ADR’s to National Pharmacovigilance Centre (Indian Pharmacopeia Commission).
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Antidiabetic activity of plant extracts.
- Hepatoprotective & Antioxidant activity of plant extracts.
- Epidemiological studies on antimicrobial agents & diabetes
Dr. Naveen Pokala- Member of IPS (Indian Pharmacological society membership number-LP-313
- Naveen Pokala, Nischal shasidher, JayasreeT. Evaluation of hypoglycemic and antihyperglycemic effect of alcoholic extract of murrayakoenigii in albino rats. 2019; 9(3): 33-37.
- Naveen Pokala, Vijaykumar Sayeli, Jayasree T. Evaluation of antipyretic activity of alcoholic extract of Murraya koenigii leaves in rabbits. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2019; 8:1577-81.
- Naveen Pokala, Naveen Alasyam, Kavitha Rasamal. Evaluation and comparison of antipyretic activity of aqueous leaf extracts of Vitex negundo and Andrographis paniculata in rabbits. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2019; 9 (6):556-561.
- Naveen Alasyam, Naveen Pokala, Premendran John. Evaluation of hepatoprotective activity of aqueous extract of Phyllanthus fraternus in Wistar rats. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2019; 9(3):239-242.
- Venkatanarayana Narapogu, Naveen Aalsyam, Naveen Pokala, T Jayasree, Premendran John. Evaluation of Antidepressant and Antioxidant Activity of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-greacum) Seed Extract in Wistar Rats. JOCPR, 2018; 10(6): 135-140.
- Rohit Dixit, Naveen Pokala. Opinion of doctors about unmet needs of rural diabetics: Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2016; 5(1):116-120.
- Naveen Pokala, Maulik Patel. Efficacy of Second line Anti-retroviral therapy among HIV/AIDS patients in south India: A Prospective Observational study. Int J Pharmacol.clin.Sci. 2016; 5(3):73-76.
- Naveen Alasyam, Venkatanarayana Narapogu, Premendran John, Shaik Ubedulla, Naveen Pokala. Evaluation of Hepatoprotective Activity of Aqueous Extract of Andrographis paniculata in Wistar Rats. Int J Pharmacol. Clin Sci. 2016; 5(4):113-117.
- Naveen A , Shankar J, Prakash M, Venkatnarayana N, Naveen P. Evaluation of diuretic activity of Alcoholic Extract of Cinnamomum Zeylanicum in Swiss Albino Rats. 2015; 417-424.
- Naveen Pokala, Rohit Dixit, Patel Moulik Manubhai, K Vijayal. Adverse drug reactions with second line antiretroviral drug regimen. Asian j Pharm Clin Res, Vol 7, Suppl 1, 2014, 75- 79.