Dr N Shivarama Krishna Babji
Professor of Paediatrics
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Working as chief of unit-I in department of paediatrics.
- Primarily involved in management of patients visiting OPD on Monday and Thursdays and the inpatients admitted during those days.
- Involved in graduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD) under the auspicies of head of the department.
- Involved in PG-Activity of the Department.
- Conducting Undergraduate (MBBS) theory & practical class
Areas of Research & Expertise
Neonatology, Paediatric Emergencies, Infections Diseases, Vaccinology.
- IAP member [L/2008/B-1012()].
- IMA life member KAR/8788/40/62/163877/2010-11/L.
- Mekala A, Chandrasegaran B, Babji NS. Kumar VB. Evaluation of CABS score based on vitals in children at admission for prediction of severity of illness and outcome. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatric Research. 2021;8:782-6.
- Babji NS, Jayasheel A, Veerapu N. Thrombocytopenia and thrombocytosis as a predictor of neonatal sepsis: a hospital-based cross- sectional study. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatric. 2021;8:860-6.
- Ch Rajesh, NS Babji, MAM Siddiq. Case report of early biotinidase deficiency, a type of multiple carboxylase deficiency. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics. 2021;8:1290-2.
- Adherence to Home Treatment Guidelines Among Pediatric Home Treated Covid-19 Patients in Puducherry. December 10, 2021.
- Impact of Vaccine health education in parents hesitant to MR vaccine visiting tertiary centre Assistente editorial Portuguese Journal of Pediatrics. June15 2021.
- Babji S.K, Bala gopal M, Sharma N.A, Sivaguru C. Validation of SICK score – A severity of illness scoring system at a tertiary care centre in Puducherry. International Journal of Contemporary Pediatric Research. 2017;4(03):233-241.
- Bala Gopal M , Babji NSR , Vinayagamoorthy V , Venkata NK . Clinical, laboratory profile & antibiotic use in first time Wheezers in the tertiary care centre in the rural area. International Journal of Pediatric Research. 2016;3(11):818-825.