Dr K Kalyan Kumar
Professor of Biochemistry
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Teaching Medical Biochemistry including Clinical chemistry and Molecular biology to Undergraduate medical and dental students
- Conducting practical classes, SDL and PBL sessions for the medical and dental students.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate and postgraduate students in their research projects.
- Administrative responsibility of the College as the member of various committees.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- General Biochemistry
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Experimental Oncology and Therapeutics
Awards & Achievements
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow in the project entitled “Laser spectroscopy techniques for early detection & follow-up of therapy in breast malignancy”, funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Completed an online course in “Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education” course authorized by University of Michigan.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Effect of Trimetazidine on haematological parameters in experimental animals with coronary heart disease alone and in combination with Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 9(1), 2022, 17-21.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Evaluation of hepatic enzyme levels and haematological profiles in chikungunya patients – An institutional study. Asian Journal of Research in Biochemistry. 9(4), 2021, 34-40.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Epidemiological risk factors influencing the formation of renal calculi, their chemical composition and association with urinary tract infections. Scholars International Journal of Biochemistry. 3(12), 2020, 260-266.
- Kalyan Kumar.Sugarcane burning – A potential cause of disease in affected individuals of households in Uitvlugt and Ogle, Guyana. Scholars International Journal of Biochemistry. 3 (9), 2020, 193-198.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Effect of coconut oil and palm oil on blood plasma cholesterol in rats.MedPulse International Journal of Biochemistry. 10 (1), 2019, 01-04.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Anandaraja formula or friedewald formula, which is a better formula for calculating LDL cholesterol in comparison with direct LDL – Measurement by homogenous assay method. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 4 (1), 2017, 229-231.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Study of serum lipid profile in newly diagnosed cases of primary hypertension in granite workers. Journal of Science, 6 (12), 2016, 537-539.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Assessment of serum retinol level and its clinical association in children. ActaBiomedicaScientia, 1 (4), 2014, 185-191.
- K. Kalyan Kumar.Clinical profile of Urinary tract infection in type II diabetes mellitus. International Journal of General medicine and Pharmacy. 3 (2), 2014, 7-12.
- K. Kalyan Kumar, et al.,Study of adenosine deaminase levels in patients of pulmonary tuberculosis with diabetes mellitus and HIV / AIDS. Journal of Science 3 (2), 2013, 89-95.