Dr G Bharath Kumar
Professor of Forensic Medicine
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
An expert in Forensic Medicine. Identify and define medico-legal problems as they emerge in the community and work to resolve such problems by planning, implementing, evaluating and modulating Medico- legal services. Undertake medico-legal responsibilities and discharge medico-legal duties in required settings. Keep abreast with all recent developments and emerging trends in Forensic Medicine, Medical Ethics and the law. Deal with general principles and practical problems related to forensic, clinical, emergency, environmental, medico-legal and occupational aspects of toxicology. Deal with medico-legal aspects of Psychiatry, mental health and drug addiction. Impart education in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology to under-graduate and post- graduate students with the help of modern teaching aids. Assess the students’ knowledge and skills in the subject of Forensic Medicine Oriented to research methodology and conduct of research in the subject Administrative responsibility of the college Registrar for NAAC Programme.
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Clinical Forensic Medicine
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Fundamentals of Forensic Medicine
- Forensic Pathology
- Forensic Radiology
- Forensic Dentistry
- Forensic Psychiatry
Awards & Achievements
- ICMR-NIeCer: -Basic Course in Biomedical Research Circle 4 September 2021 -Successfully Completed with a Score 75%.
- ICMR- WHO-NIe Cer102: Ethics Review of Health Research-ICMR-NIe April, 2022with a Score of 77%.
- ICMR-NIe Cer 103: Scientific Writing in Health Research with a Score of 85%-Roll no: NIe Cer 103_2408.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine [IAFM]-IAFM 685/IAFM/08/AP.
- Life Member of Karnataka Society of Medicolegal Association [KAMALS]-KAMALS 665/06/TS.
- Life Member of Telangana Academy of Forensic Medicine [TAFM] -10/TAFM/2014/TS.
- Life Member of Global Academy of Forensic and Investigative Medicine and Sciences [GAFIMS]-Member.
- ship Id is GA91-22077.
- Editor- in- Chief Research Bulletin Mamata Medical College.
- Bharath Kumar. Pattern of Asphyxial Deaths. A Medicolegal Study J Indian Acad Forensic Med. January- March 2021;43(1):55-59.
- Bharath Kumar. The study of trends and outcome of acute poisoning in a tertiary care hospital Khammam, Telangana. Medico legal update. October – December 2020;3:32-39.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti. Pattern of Homicidal Deaths in Khammam District, Telangana. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. January-March 2019;41(1):24-29.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti. Pattern of Medico – Legal Cases in the Casualty of a Teaching Hospital, Khammam, Telangana. Journal of Karnataka Medico-Legal Society. December 2018;27(2):36-43.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti, Uday Pal Singh. Profile and Analysis of Pattern of Medico-Legal Cases in the Casualty of a Teaching Hospital, Khammam, Telangana. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. July-December 2017;11(2):44-49.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti, Uday Pal Singh. Pattern of Skull Fractures due to Blunt Force in and around Khammam. Medico-Legal Update. Jan-June 2017;17(1):82-87.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti, Uday Pal Singh. The Pattern of Injuries Due to Fatal Road Traffic Accidents in and around Khammam. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine. April-June 2017, Vol.39 No.2, Page no 154-164.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti, Uday Pal Singh. Profile and Analysis of Road Traffic Accidents in Khammam. International Journal of Forensic Sciences. 2016,1(2):000111.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti. Role of Forensic Pathologist in Mass Disaster-Indian Scenario. Journal of Research in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology. Jan-June 2016;2(1):9-17.
- Bharath Kumar Guntheti, Uday Pal Singh. Trends of Unnatural deaths in Male population Around Khammam. Journal of Karnataka Medicolegal Society. July-December 2016;25(2):24-30.