Dr B Nageshwar Rao
Professor of Microbiology
Email : email@example.com
Current Academic Role & Responsibilities
- Conducting theory, practical classes, Self – Directed Learning and Problem Based Learning sessions for the medical and dental programs.
- Involved in diagnostic and research activities of the department.
- Guiding undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD) students in their research projects.
- Administrative responsibility of the College as Co-ordinator for NAAC program
Areas of Research & Expertise
- Bacteriology and Immunology,
- Cellular & Molecular Biology,
- Mycology, Virology and Parasitology,
- Molecular Radiation Biology,
- Experimental Oncology and Therapeutics,
- Natural products – biological activity and genotoxicology,
- Environmental Toxicology and Occupational Hazards,
- Heavy metal toxicology
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded “Young Scientist Award” at Mamata Medical College in 2015
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (IRIS No. 2006-06120) by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Life member of the Indian Association for Medical Microbiologists (IAMM)
- Life member of the Indian Society for Radiation Biology (ISRB)
- Editor for the EC Microbiology Journal
- B. NageshwarRao. Effect of Trimetazidine on Haemotological Parameters in Experimental Animals with Coronary Heart Disease Alone and in Combination with Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Research. 2022 Jan 29; 9(1):17-21.
- B. NageshwarRao. Evaluation of Hepatic Enzyme Levels and Haematological Profiles in Chikungunya Patients- An Institutional Study, Asian Journal of Research in Biochemistry. 2021;9(4):34-40.
- B. NageshwarRao, et al., “Comparative Evaluation of Antimicrobial Efficacy of Calcium Hydroxide and ChlorhexidineGuttaPercha Points against E.faecalis and S.mutans – An In Vitro Study. Annals of Clinical and laboratory Research. 2019. Vol.7 No.1:280
- B NageshwarRao., et al., Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Pregnancy with Special Reference to HIV Positive Antenatal Women. EC Microbiology. 2018. 14(5): 248-254.
- S Aruna and B NageshwarRao. Faecal Carriage of Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase Producing Escherichia coli among Patients, Healthy Individuals and in Environment from a South Indian Tertiary Care Hospital. EC Microbiology. 2018, 14 (7).
- B NageshwarRao, JigniPathan. Antibacterial efficacy of hydroalcoholic extract of garlic: An Invitro study. MedPulse International Journal of Microbiology. February 2018; 5(2): 11-14.
- B NageshwarRao., et al., Systemic Toxicity and Teratogenicity of Copper Oxide Nanoparticles and Copper Sulfate. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2018; Volume 18, Number 4, 2394-2404(11).
- B NageshwarRao., et al., Efficacy of garlic extract and sodium hypochlorite on dental pulp dissolution: An in vitro study. Saudi Endod J, 2017;7:36-9
- B NageshwarRao., et al.,Immunomodulatory potential of Rutin and Quercetin in Swiss mice exposed to gamma radiation. International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research 2017; 8(08): 310-317.
- B. NageshwarRao, et al., In vitro antimicrobial efficacy of photoactivated cow urine against enterococcus faecalis. Indian Journal of Conservative and Endodontics. 2016 Apr;1(1):13-6.